Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Bomb Proof Coffee

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Det-Sog View Post
    Perfect. I'm still going to have to cheat half of the month when I am on the road. Traveling every day including OCONUS, it's not practical to carry a mix of powders in my bag. It's enough just carrying protein powder. At least it looks and smells like protein powder. I don't want some foreign customs agent trying to figure out what creatine powder is...

So, home it's your recipe... On the road, I'm going to have to keep tablets and capsules handy.

Thanks for all of your informational posts.
    Adapt and overcome as the situations dictates.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Maybe splitting hairs, since this thread really isn't about coffee, but.......

My wife always has cream/milk and sugar or substitute in her coffee. I've often chided her for doing so, since why would you do that to a great tasting coffee? Kind of like putting steak sauce or something else on a medium rare rib eye.

I've always had my coffee black, and buy stuff that tastes good to me, since I'm spending a decent amount of money on it. If I'm somewhere other than home, and the coffee tastes pretty bad, then I add stuff.

This stuff is screwing with my mind, since adding all those ingredients I'm sure I wouldn't be able to taste the coffee. I'd rather add the good stuff to something other than my coffee.
    "Every step we take towards making the State our Caretaker of our lives, by that much we move toward making the State our Master." Dwight D. Eisenhower

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by darr3239 View Post
    Maybe splitting hairs, since this thread really isn't about coffee, but.......

My wife always has cream/milk and sugar or substitute in her coffee. I've often chided her for doing so, since why would you do that to a great tasting coffee? Kind of like putting steak sauce or something else on a medium rare rib eye.

I've always had my coffee black, and buy stuff that tastes good to me, since I'm spending a decent amount of money on it. If I'm somewhere other than home, and the coffee tastes pretty bad, then I add stuff.

This stuff is screwing with my mind, since adding all those ingredients I'm sure I wouldn't be able to taste the coffee. I'd rather add the good stuff to something other than my coffee.
    Everything in there either adds no flavor, or adds/enhances to the coffee taste itself. As a die hard coffee drinker who takes his coffee seriously, first do no harm to the coffee.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Thanks, I didn't realize that.
    "Every step we take towards making the State our Caretaker of our lives, by that much we move toward making the State our Master." Dwight D. Eisenhower

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by darr3239 View Post
    Thanks, I didn't realize that.
    If made as directed, tastes like the best Cappuccino you ever had, yet far better for you and various benefits not found in regular coffee.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Excellent. Off to get the ingredients.

Feedback Score
    I'll second what will said. My wife is a coffee snob and has turned me into one. I really appreciate a good black coffee. With that said, since I've started this mix, I now find straight black coffee boring. It's 07-something in my immediate area and I'm enjoying a cup of the bomb proof stuff as we speak. Good job Will.
    U.S. Army vet. -- Retired 25 year LEO.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I'll second what will said. My wife is a coffee snob and has turned me into one. I really appreciate a good black coffee. With that said, since I've started this mix, I now find straight black coffee boring. It's 07-something in my immediate area and I'm enjoying a cup of the bomb proof stuff as we speak. Good job Will.
    There's no sunshine without coffee. Take my love of coffee and my science background, and you get the best damn coffee formula on this planet or any other sans BS.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    when I lived in the islands fresh coconuts were everywhere used to eat them all the time
    but good fresh meat with the oil we used to make our own milk and or cream and use it in coffee freaking awesome stuff

cream is the meat then pressed
    milk is meat and water pressed
    blender or shredded etc.. to get out the oils/cream

also eating fresh raw coconut is something folks rarely experience compared to any stuff in stores

I also have been using good butter in coffee for years I know that's a thing that some do for the bomb proof ?

so curious what do you think of just butter or just coconut oil without cocoa like you mention or the creatine ?
    or is it something that has to have the other ? to really work

thanks

trying to cut back on my coffee but love it so much

Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    My Bomb Proof Coffee recipe was discussed in the old coffee thread

The Science Of Bomb Proof Coffee

Feedback Score
    I just sold one of my espresso machines a Elektra A3
    our power bill went down $100 a month took a dedicated 20 amp breaker
    still have a pasquini and a good hand setup and kept my mazzer grinder but want to get a orphan espresso hand one soon

never got into roasting but would use custom roasters and the good ones you order then they roast and date so I had the 3 days after roast perfection I liked and would squeak out a few weeks till fresh and was ok with the profile change etc..
    could not drink coffee anywhere though cause of that

fav all around roaster was Klatch

loosening up some but when folks do learn taste good coffee they often realize WOW totally dif flavors then they ever thought could be had

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast