Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Really bad ruling from: 2nd Circuit on NY & CN

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by wilson1911 View Post
    When I look at that picture, I wonder how many of those guys said they would never turn their guns in........Molon Labe is not going to keep your family safe, feed your children, or keep you warm at night.
    Or keep you out of jail.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wilson1911 View Post
    When I look at that picture, I wonder how many of those guys said they would never turn their guns in........Molon Labe is not going to keep your family safe, feed your children, or keep you warm at night.
    Quote Originally Posted by platoonDaddy View Post
    Or keep you out of jail.
    You guys should just turn your arms over now because that is exactly the attitude that the people who want to take your guns want you to have.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Munsta750 View Post
    You guys should just turn your arms over now because that is exactly the attitude that the people who want to take your guns want you to have.
    It is a reality that we may have to soberly consider very soon. It is an easy call when there are no real consequences. When you are looking at a 25 year Federal Prison Sentence while your loved ones suffer without you, or worse, it bears some serious soul searching.

Not saying many will not come to the same conclusions but I don't think it ever bad to consider a risk of that magnitude in a serious and thoughtful manner.
    Open the pig!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    TommyG you get it. My post is in reference to history. Most people do turn in their guns etc. These are people who said "molon labe", but when the time came, they turned them in. Go read some history books. They are not filled with guys who said "NO". Nor did they make the gov't retreat to the dark hole they crawled out of.

What I implore you to do is read what history says, did happen.

I do not think the cops would come to your house, line your family up, and then point a gun to your wife's head. Asking "where are they".....then one of them breaks down and reveals the location. It could happen, but the reality is that it will be a political change that remove's them. They will chip away your ability to defend or raise your hand against the gov't. You and your family will need to contemplate this ahead of time, or it will not make any difference. There are some serious consequences should you choose to go against the law/gov't.

Munsta, I have not stated my position on what I would do, and I will not on a forum. All I will say is... that's a bad idea. Take a deep breathe, then go find out what others in history said what they would do, then what actually happened. Are you willing to be the next Ruby Ridge ?

Much of this thought comes from me not understanding how the founders of our country were strong enough to not only say "NO', but to rise up against the gov't. How did they willingly do this knowing it will cost them dearly family/fortune/home/life???? Our constitution is designed for the people to remove transgressors from gov't, but we have never done it. We face the same type of tyrannical gov't as they did in there day. The same omni powerful of the world.

Think about how they say the constitution is a living document, needing to be interpreted, for the good of the people. At first glance this sounds great, the gov't is going to do the right thing for once. This depends on your view. Either its something solid,like a foundation/fortress made of steel that confines/bars you, or malleable like gumby to do you bidding. If you reinterpret the constitution and change the definition of a few words......it can mean something quite different.

I am with you on this.....please release your anger and think objectively about what I have said.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyG View Post
    It is a reality that we may have to soberly consider very soon. It is an easy call when there are no real consequences. When you are looking at a 25 year Federal Prison Sentence while your loved ones suffer without you, or worse, it bears some serious soul searching.

Not saying many will not come to the same conclusions but I don't think it ever bad to consider a risk of that magnitude in a serious and thoughtful manner.
    It's even more sober when years later a group of thugs break into your home rape your wife and daughter and beat you so bad that you are in the icu brain dead because you did your "civic duty" years earlier.
    ”Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birthright of an American… The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state government, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people”
    ~Tench Coxe

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyG View Post

I think about this reality and many others quite a bit. We live in scary times. Its easy to talk shit like; Molon Labe, its another thing to live it. Face it. If your a gun owner who believes in the Constitution, you might as well make retirement plans at your nearest FEMA camp.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    In the case of NY, it appears many are ignoring the registration requirement & CT mostly complying.

Low assault-weapon registration stats suggest low compliance with Gov. Cuomo’s landmark SAFE Act gun control law
    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/poli...icle-1.2267730

Under New York law, failure to register an assault weapon by the April 2014 deadline can be treated as misdemeanor offense, punishable by “forfeiture of the weapon” and up to one year in jail, according to the New York State Police.

Under a different statute, the situation can also be treated as a low-level felony, punishable by up to four years in prison.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillygunguy View Post
    It's even more sober when years later a group of thugs break into your home rape your wife and daughter and beat you so bad that you are in the icu brain dead because you did your "civic duty" years earlier.
    Agreed.
    Open the pig!

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cagemonkey View Post
    I think about this reality and many others quite a bit. We live in scary times. Its easy to talk shit like; Molon Labe, its another thing to live it. Face it. If your a gun owner who believes in the Constitution, you might as well make retirement plans at your nearest FEMA camp.
    It is coming. Not sure how long it will take. With the Supreme Court being the final word on everything lately it may not take long.

I have almost reached the point of hoping for a Balkan States of America. I'll pack it up and move the hard working, honest, gun owning territory. I don't care about region, climate, etc. They can have the coasts, the cities and the criminals and let us have a quiet existence in what they derisively call "flyover country". I suppose they would never agree to leave us alone like that though.
    Open the pig!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by platoonDaddy View Post
    In the case of NY, it appears many are ignoring the registration requirement & CT mostly complying.

Low assault-weapon registration stats suggest low compliance with Gov. Cuomo’s landmark SAFE Act gun control law
    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/poli...icle-1.2267730

Under New York law, failure to register an assault weapon by the April 2014 deadline can be treated as misdemeanor offense, punishable by “forfeiture of the weapon” and up to one year in jail, according to the New York State Police.

Under a different statute, the situation can also be treated as a low-level felony, punishable by up to four years in prison.
    This is what I am waiting to see the outcome of. What will happen to the first few caught with an AR. To Molan Labe or to not molan labe ???

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast