Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How many are runing a KAK Shockwave?

Feedback Score

How many are runing a KAK Shockwave?

How many here are running a KAK Shockwave and if so how do you like it? How many switched from a Thordsen adapter? Post pics if you got them...
    Thanks

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CAPTBEACH View Post
    How many here are running a KAK Shockwave and if so how do you like it? How many switched from a Thordsen adapter? Post pics if you got them...
    Thanks
    I would to incorporate both. The shock wave is stiffer, making it more stable then the sig brace and the Thordsen adapter gives a better check weld. CAA makes a stock saddle as well

Feedback Score
    I am running a Thordsen on a 10.5" 5.56 pistol...I like it but am considering running a KAK AND CAA saddle on her 300 BLK 10.5" twin, both pistols will be nearly identical except '"stock" and color...the 5.56 is FDE and has its brace of FDE PMAGS as well as an FDE support bag, the 300 will sport OD Green and OD PMAGS as well as an OD support bag. I have found the ONE SOURCE TACTICAL TIB bag very nice for this purpose.

Last edited by CAPTBEACH; 10-20-15 at 10:24.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CAPTBEACH View Post
    I am running a Thordsen on a 10.5" 5.56 pistol...I like it but am considering running a KAK AND CAA saddle on her 300 BLK 10.5" twin, both pistols will be nearly identical except '"stock" and color...the 5.56 is FDE and has its brace of FDE PMAGS as well as an FDE support bag, the 300 will sport OD Green and OD PMAGS as well as an OD support bag. I have found the ONE SOURCE TACTICAL TIB bag very nice for this purpose.

Nice set up.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    Thank you sir...its a kick ass set up...heads at 100 are easy button easy...torsos to 200-300 as well...
    Last edited by CAPTBEACH; 10-20-15 at 19:34.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I am running a KAK/Shockwave. I swapped from my Thordsen/CAA for it. I would do as others have said and get the shockwave, and add a CAA to it. It's the best of both worlds. The biggest thing for me is that the Shockwave is easier to get the right LOP with.

Experience is what you get... When you don't get what you want.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    The Shockwave is what the sig brace should have been. At bad breath distances brace it against your forearm for accurate point shooting, at extended distances put her to your cheek to help you aim, or toss a 16+ upper or paperwork on her and use as a fairly decent stock. It's a great adaptable, adjustable option for a multi use lower

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    How well does the CAA saddle fit on the shockwave? Does it need any additional shims? Or is it GTG out of the box?

Feedback Score
    image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by 44Dave View Post
    How well does the CAA saddle fit on the shockwave? Does it need any additional shims? Or is it GTG out of the box?
    I've tried, but it doesn't work. The CAA doesn't mate with the KaK blade

Feedback Score
    Been running mine for several months now, love it. Easy to install with the KAK tube and solid.

pic-4.jpg

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast