Thread: AR build for my brother

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

AR build for my brother

So about a year ago, I bought my first AR-15. I was totally new to the game and knew little about anything involving the gun. Since, I have really enjoyed shooting my gun and have enjoyed shooting it with others and sharing my experience.

I had originally decided that I was in a good place to buy a very nice gun that would essentially be a one and done AR-15. I had considered building my own, but decided against that and went with a complete Noveske upper and a custom Sionics lower with an SSA and A5 setup. The gun is sweet.

The more I shot my gun, the more I began to troll the marketplaces for good deals until I had eventually collected enough parts to build another gun. This is where I give a special shoutout to polymorphous, who hooked it up in a pay it forward thread and made this possible.

The gun I decided to build is going to be a gift to my little brother. He enjoys guns and was part of the local BB gun shooting team, making it to nationals, twice. He is now a petty officer 1 (soon to be Chief Petty Officer) in the Naval Sea Cadet program and is hoping to experience a military academy when he graduates high school. We have also hunted deer and elk together. The goal of this build was to put together a fun and reliable gun for my brother and I to shoot and spend some quality time together.

Upper: Aero Precision
    Barrel: Faxon mid length 1/8 5.56 melonited 14.5" pinned with BCM A2X
    Gas: Faxon block and midlength tube
    Rail: Omega Keymod 12"
    Scope: Primary Arms 4-14x44 ACSS Orion FFP in Burris PEPR QD
    Mil-spec charging handle
    BCM BCG

Lower: Aero Precision
    LPK: Red Barn Armory
    FCG: BCM mil-spec
    Magpul Poly trigger guard
    Magpul MOE+ grip
    4- position buffer tube mil-spec
    Spikes Tactical T2 buffer w/ blue spring
    Magpul MOE mil-spec stock

He will be getting this for Christmas, but it's all mine until then!

I just wanted to share this, since it is my first build. Maybe it'll bring some warm fuzzies to the pay it forward thread... I also wanted to thank all of those on the forum for the informative posts. It's places like this that help people like me do things like this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by The FNG; 11-21-15 at 21:32.
    It's better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

FaxonNathan Guest
    Hope he does not read the forum which will spoil the surprise!

We're flattered to be included in the build. Please let us know if we can ever help out or be of service.