Thread: Colt 9mm AR Pistol

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Colt 9mm AR Pistol

I am building an AR pistol in 9mm. So far my parts list is as follows, just seeking advice on what else i would need to have my gun run properly.

Colt 10.5" 9mm upper
    Colt 9mm BCG
    Colt 9mm buffer & spring
    Hahn magazine well conversion kit
    KAK Industries pistol receiver extension

The Colt parts I am getting through G&R. I don't think the carrier is ramped, so I can have ACO modify that if need be. I am assuming also since I am getting the actual 9mm buffer, I will not need the buffer spacer.
    http://www.m4carbine.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=20651&dateline=1303766618

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The colt buffer will need a spacer and the spring is a regular carbine spring.
    I assume you know you can't use a Colt lower receiver.
    The new Colt bolts are ramped. but if you have an older style MGP does a nicer job of ramping the bolt than ADCO.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BillBond View Post
    The colt buffer will need a spacer and the spring is a regular carbine spring.
    I assume you know you can't use a Colt lower receiver.
    The new Colt bolts are ramped. but if you have an older style MGP does a nicer job of ramping the bolt than ADCO.
    Why will the Colt lower work. Is it the hammer? Can you give a link for MPG or the full name, I tried to look them up. Thanks.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thank you for the info. I have heard of MPG, but have not seen a link for them.

The lower I am using is an Aero Precision Pistol marked lower.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
    Why will the Colt lower work. Is it the hammer? Can you give a link for MPG or the full name, I tried to look them up. Thanks.
    The Colt lower will not work legally.
    A pistol lower has to start out life as a pistol and Colt has never sold a lower that was not part of a rifle.

MGP is the user name of a guy I first found out about on ar15dotcom.
    Since I have been banned there again, I cannot log on to find him.
    I don't know if he is a member here but he is an active member on 68forumsdotcom.

ETA : I believe that MGP is a one man machine shop.
    Last edited by BillBond; 10-23-15 at 13:58.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Right on, that's where I saw his worked being talked about.

Is there a recommendation on a better magazine well conversion block than the Hahn? I don't really want a permanent modification like the Colt 2 piece that Ken Elmore sells/installs.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My Hahn that inserts into the bottom has been flawless for me.
    I have read that other people had problems with them but mine is used in a RRA pistol lower.

I agree with not having a permanent modification, since if you need to sell it,
    the two separate items will sell much better and faster
    Last edited by BillBond; 10-23-15 at 14:05.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BillBond View Post
    My Hahn that inserts into the bottom has been flawless for me.
    I have read that other people had problems with them but mine is used in a RRA pistol lower.

I agree with not having a permanent modification, since if you need to sell it,
    the two separate items will sell much better and faster
    I like the idea if the Hahn insert. I already have SBR's but I really like the idea if Glock magazines. The device would save m getting another SBR Tax Stamp. I know it's silly but it's like the Cowboy shows I watched as a kid. They often had the same ammo for their pistols and carbines. With that said Glock magazines are less money and more commonly available. The cost of a Hahn insert isn't much different than a quality dedicated Glock AR lower. I wouldn't do it if I didn't already have what I want for standard AR's. The 9mm Glock AR is going to be a range toy for me.
    Last edited by usmcvet; 02-09-16 at 20:14.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree