Thread: my Trident 9mm project

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

my Trident 9mm project

This project was inspired by the Honey Badger from AAC way back. I wanted a gun with the suppressor mounted under the rail, with as little poking out as possible, while keeping the length short enough so I could fit it in a backpack. Somewhere along the line I decided on 9mm after seeing these lowers that take Glock mags. I already had a hard use 9mm suppressor with all sorts of mounting options. So, in my research, I found a gunsmith in Tampa who cracked the code for being able to use the PDW stock with the 9mm bolt. I went up to talk to him, planned my gun out, settled on a price for his work, and got started buying all the parts. Once my NFA stamp came back on my Form 1, I boxed everything up and sent it to him. I recently got it back all done, and thoroughly tested, even with a full auto lower. Ran flawless with 147 subs, and 115 FMJs. Let me know what you think.. I'm still going to add a hand stop, some rail panels to keep the heat down ( a little at least ), and a surefire.

Quarter Circle 10 9mm small frame Glock lower.
    VLTOR upper, no forward bolt assist.
    NEA PDW Stock.
    Knights URX 4 rail.
    Aimpiont Comp ML3, A.R.M.S. mount ( soon to be LaRue )
    SWR Trident 9 suppressor
    Trident Arms custom barrel, suppressor mount, bolt, and all gunsmith work.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Do you have issues with last round bolt hold open?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Sometimes. It's a combo of the mags and the bolt hold open piece. Not an issue to me. My MP5 doesn't have a BHO and I've never missed it.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by medic103 View Post
    Sometimes. It's a combo of the mags and the bolt hold open piece. Not an issue to me. My MP5 doesn't have a BHO and I've never missed it.
    A MP5 isn't advertised to have a BHO either. Did a similar build with a Colt SMG patterned set up and it runs well.

Feedback Score
    Barrel length?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    5"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk