Thread: Vortex Viper PST 1-4 vs. Leupold VX-R Patrol 1.25-4

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Vortex Viper PST 1-4 vs. Leupold VX-R Patrol 1.25-4

I've found a few threads out there on these 2 but still struggling which one to go with, as I've never shot either. The Leupy certainly has a size/weight advantage, and I like the motion sensor. Vortex warranty can't be beat.

Opinions from people who have shot both?

Feedback Score
    I had the Patrol, but I sold it to a friend. I subsequently bought the VX-R version with the capped turrets for a Sig P522 and it works great in that application. I am not a huge fan of the Leupold Firedot switch, but I love the dot itself. I have a Vortex PST 2.5-10 FFP on my 6.8 SPC and I love the switch and the scope in general. Right now I am a fan of the Trijicon AccuPower 1-4. It has great clarity, FOV, and illumination at its price point. It also has a knob-style switch like the Vortex PST, which I strongly prefer.
    Last edited by MajorLonghorn; 10-28-15 at 22:20.

Feedback Score
    I have the VX-R Patrol. It's a great optic. I chose it over the Vortex 1-4x because the reticle isn't as busy. The clarity is very very nice, but they are comparable. Either one is nice.

Feedback Score
    77 (100%)
    Maybe also consider the accupower 1-4.

ETA oops, missed that someone beat me too it.

Anyway, a friend of mine has had all three at the same time and ended up keeping the accupower.