Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking for a flat, straight Glock trigger? Pull up a chair and come inside.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by snakyjake View Post
    Can someone please explain the drop safety issues??
    The drop safety keeps the striker from hitting the primer if the gun is dropped. Dropping a gun with a compromised drop safety can lead to a dead trigger, dented primer or, worst case, an ignited primer (ND).

This video explains what to look for:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_MEVIhMz5E

I still think that dropping the gun is important. My standard test is to load a magazine mostly full, top it off with dummy rounds and chamber a snap cap (some people use an empty, primered case). Then I drop the gun onto my (carpeted) basement floor from waist height, trying to get it to land on the back of the grip or beavertail area. If you pick the gun up, pull the trigger and it goes "click" like normal, then you're good-to-go. If you have a dead trigger, then you have problems.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Great reviews, but I'm crious about one thing: how did you conduct the drop tests?

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sasage View Post
    Are you right handed or left handed?

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
    Right handed

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sevenhelmet View Post
    Why the popularity of flat triggers lately? Is there a perceived advantage, or is it just user preference?
    A flat faced trigger reduces perceived force required to operate the trigger and in correlation tends to increase accuracy of the shooter.
    Nobody ever got shot climbing over the wall into East Berlin.

Delivering the most precision possible, at the greatest distance possible, with the highest rate of fire possible.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BlahBlah View Post
    The drop safety keeps the striker from hitting the primer if the gun is dropped. Dropping a gun with a compromised drop safety can lead to a dead trigger, dented primer or, worst case, an ignited primer (ND).

This video explains what to look for:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_MEVIhMz5E

I still think that dropping the gun is important. My standard test is to load a magazine mostly full, top it off with dummy rounds and chamber a snap cap (some people use an empty, primered case). Then I drop the gun onto my (carpeted) basement floor from waist height, trying to get it to land on the back of the grip or beavertail area. If you pick the gun up, pull the trigger and it goes "click" like normal, then you're good-to-go. If you have a dead trigger, then you have problems.
    Thanks for the video link. I did the test with the Apex trigger and it passed like your findings. I'm definitely going to try this with my Skimmer trigger.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I think I'll hold out for a GK Gen 2.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leuthas View Post
    A flat faced trigger reduces perceived force required to operate the trigger and in correlation tends to increase accuracy of the shooter.
    There are a few benefits to flat/straight triggers. First, it's important to differentiate between a trigger being flat (horizontal) and straight (vertical).

Factory triggers are rounded (smooth or serrated) in the horizontal plane and curved in the vertical plane.

Triggers like the Fulcrum, Pyramid, SSVI and the like are flat in the horizontal plane, but still curved in the vertical plane.

The triggers I tested are flat and straight in both the horizontal and vertical planes. The Apex has a slight bit of vertical curve, but it's pretty close to flat.

Anyway...

Some of the benefits of the flat/straight triggers are that vertical finger placement is more forgiving, increased leverage (makes the pull "feel" lighter) and the flat horizontal surface mitigates trigger finger roll on the trigger press, which should lead to more consistency.

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 021411 View Post
    Order an SSVI Tyr and test it out for everyone.
    Hate to spend your money for you but I'd also love to hear your thoughts on the SSVI Tyr as it compares to what you have already tried.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    You re-installed an Agency Arms or Apex? The Apex supposedly doesn't fit in the G42, are you saying it does?
    My bad, I meant agency.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ostdarva View Post
    First off I will not shop at a liberal store
    Secondly,
    I will not shop at a store that is named after genitalia.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Yeah, I was keeping a close eye on that long thread on TOS.

I am planning to order a GlockKraft Tactical Drop-in Kit this payday... I can't wait to get out on the range and see if it really makes difference.

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast