Thread: VLTOR Offset Scout versus VTAC height/orientation question

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

VLTOR Offset Scout versus VTAC height/orientation question

Just picked up a Streamlight Polytac HP and considering buying a VLTOR Offset Scout to be able to move it around easier.

I currently have a VTAC that I like since it sticks the light out at 9 o'clock when mounted to the top of the rail (which drops the HP bezel out of the way of the sight picture) and was curious if the VLTOR has this orientation or more of the slightly angled up approach some mounts use(I have a Blackhawk that hold it at 10-11 o'clock) which gets the HP bezel in the way of the view somewhat.

Also, is there any issue with the VLTOR being not offset far enough with the bezel size of the HP since I am using it with standard front sights?

Thanks,
    Jason
    Last edited by JasonB1; 10-30-15 at 06:05.

Feedback Score
    91 (100%)
    I run Vitor Offsets on all of my AK's that have the UltiMAK and they work extremely well for me. I haven't run one on an AR platform, but I can't see any issues with using it there, as that is what it was originally designed for. I also have a Polytac light that has been good to me.
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

- George Orwell