Thread: Ak specific training?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Ak specific training?

Hey all, I'm pretty new to seriously shooting the Ak platform, and am (as always) seeking out training. What should I be checking out as far as Ak specific training? Classes, videos, whatever I'll take anything I can get. In addition, any Ak specific drills that you guys do I should be practicing?
    Gun and Gear Reviews- www.almosttacticalreviews.com

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    If you're interested in getting a couple pre-class basics, look into Haley Strategic purchase-only videos.
    Nobody ever got shot climbing over the wall into East Berlin.

Delivering the most precision possible, at the greatest distance possible, with the highest rate of fire possible.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I will do that!

What is the general consensus as far as Gabe Suarez? He has quite a bit of Ak material out there. As far as I know personally he's a dirtbag, but I'm not sure about his skills as an instructor.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzook View Post
    I will do that!

What is the general consensus as far as Gabe Suarez? He has quite a bit of Ak material out there. As far as I know personally he's a dirtbag, but I'm not sure about his skills as an instructor.

I wouldn't spend my money with him, but for full disclosure before I quit I was a contract instructor for him for three years. The AK curriculum is fine, but it's hit or miss on the instruction quality and application of the curriculum because of the experience or lack of in his instructor ranks.
    Personally he can be a likable guy or a raging asshole depending on if he's trying to sell you something or discredit you for questioning his approach and ideas. I neither like or dislike him because he's inconsequential to anything I'm doing.

Almost forgot Larry Vickers is running some AK specific classes next year and Jim Fuller occasionally hosts Haley and some others.
    Last edited by Don Robison; 11-01-15 at 10:30.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Robison View Post
    I wouldn't spend my money with him, but for full disclosure before I quit I was a contract instructor for him for three years. The AK curriculum is fine, but it's hit or miss on the instruction quality and application of the curriculum because of the experience or lack of in his instructor ranks.
    Personally he can be a likable guy or a raging asshole depending on if he's trying to sell you something or discredit you for questioning his approach and ideas. I neither like or dislike him because he's inconsequential to anything I'm doing.

Almost forgot Larry Vickers is running some AK specific classes next year and Jim Fuller occasionally hosts Haley and some others.
    I would never spend my money with Suarez as far as a class goes, but I might grab the DVD's he has. I am full time LE, and I don't really want to even give him the money for DVD's considering his record and behavior previously, but there isn't a whole lot of stuff out there. I would do a Vickers class in a heartbeat if the opportunity presents itself.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzook View Post
    I would never spend my money with Suarez as far as a class goes, but I might grab the DVD's he has. I am full time LE, and I don't really want to even give him the money for DVD's considering his record and behavior previously, but there isn't a whole lot of stuff out there. I would do a Vickers class in a heartbeat if the opportunity presents itself.
    I didn't think the DVDs were very good, but if you shoot me a PM I'll send you his Advanced AK dvd he gave me. I can't mail it until next weekend since I'm in the field all week with students starting at 0400 in the morning, but it's free if you want it.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I'll take you up on that!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Two of the best in the world.

Mike Pannone 1-Day Kalashnikov Class - June 26, 2016 - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    http://aliastraining.com/mikepannone...nsylvania.aspx

Larry Vickers 2-Day Kalashnikov Operators Class - July 9-10, 2016 - South Hill, VA
    http://aliastraining.com/larryvicker...uthhillva.aspx

Larry Vickers 1-Day Kalashnikov Operators Class - Sept 23, 2016 - Wallingford, CT
    http://aliastraining.com/larryvicker...ingfordct.aspx
    Paul A. Hotaling
    Alias Training & Security Services, LLC
    Paul@aliastraining.com
    757-215-1959 (Mon-Fri 8AM-5PM)
    757-985-9586 (After Hours)
    www.aliastraining.com