Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Leupold VX-6 1-6 "Multigun" & Mark 6 1-6

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mic2377 View Post
    I have a VX-6 which I contemplated selling, but ended up getting the reticle swapped to the CMR-2. It really improved the usefulness of the scope greatly, and I have been pleased with it. BDC vs mil is a personal preference and not for everybody. The illumination isn't the brightest but the scope is light, has a good eyebox at 6x, good optical quality, and the auto on/off illumination really saves batteries. Overall it is a very useful option but only worth it at $1k price point. Over that there are better options.
    What was the process like getting the reticle swapped? I am guessing it didn't cost an arm and a leg since you chose to do it rather than sell yours and buy a new one.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The process of the reticle swap is quite easy. It costs ~$160? through the Custom Shop. The turn around is about 1.5-2 weeks. Just send it in with instructions, and how you can be contacted for payment. One warning - the new reticle is lit in the inner horseshoe/dot, and does NOT retain the previous 0.3 MOA Aimpoint-like red-dot of the other reticles.

It would pay off as long as you can come in under the $1,100 of a new CMR-2 equipped VX-6, otherwise I would look for other options.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123