Thread: (Review) Torch Back up Light from Mission First Tactical

Feedback Score

(Review) Torch Back up Light from Mission First Tactical

Hey all, I just finished up my review of the TBLW (Torch Back up Light) from Mission First Tactical.

-Specs-

• Power button has simple on/off function. (Hold for one second for momentary.)
    • Set screw for Picatinny Rail mounting (Requires picatinny rail, NOT keymod or MLOK friendly.)
    • IPX7 Waterproof Rating
    • Battery door opens with quarter-turn
    • Requires 1 CR2016 battery (included)
    • White/White LED
    • 20lm output
    • 12 hour burn time.
    • Manufactured in the USA for MFT by Princeton Tec.

-Likes-

• Price, MSRP is 49.44
    • Size/weight, Super small footprint makes it all but disappear on your rifle
    • Brightness, 20lm isnt much but it will suffice for a home defense situation and its great as a back up or low light patrol option
    • Momentary option for short burst

-Dislikes-

• Not keymod/Mlok compatible

-Overall-

5/5 Stars. A solid little product for a great price.

Review video here:
    https://youtu.be/0h8WbFDGolA

Cheers.
    Last edited by khurrle; 11-05-15 at 14:42.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Thanks for the video. I've been wondering about these for all the secondary HD options, just to have "a" light on them.

How's it ID someone at 15 yards? I've got a 20 lumen Streamlight that I carry daily, that can ID a person well enough to know that they don't belong, but being that the MFT doesn't have that much of a reflector, I imagine it drops off pretty quick.

Feedback Score
    Well, the video really doesn't do it justice as our eyes are much more receptive to light than the CMOS sensor of a camera. that last bit of video when I make a right ar the mirror and it shines across the room at the bookcase is probably about 10 yards or so and it lights up enough to identify a target. Ill do some more looking and follow up tonight or tomorrow.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Cool, thanks.

I'm sure 20 lumens is enough to positively ID a person in a house, just don't know how far. But I might pick one of these up anyway, just to mess around with.

Feedback Score
    I went out in my back yard and stepped off 20 yards. It illuminated the fence quite well and I'm sure would positively I'd someone. Here's a couple pics.
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Awesome, thanks. The pics are small, but I did the same thing with my Streamlight... between ambient light in the house, and the fact that I'm looking at it for 2nd or 3rd string defensive rifles, it seems like a great little emergency tool.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Hmmm... My MFT Torch uses two CR2016 batteries w/a 24hr runtime (or one CR2032 for less output). Perhaps yours is a newer version?
    Regardless, the Torch makes an excellent nav light, IMHO, all my AR's have one mounted forward on the bottom of the hand guard so the offset LED's point slightly downward (appx 30 degrees?) for good obstacle avoidance when carrying at low ready. Great added capability for minimal weight.
    Tomac

ETA pic showing location of MFT Torch:
    Last edited by Tomac; 11-07-15 at 13:07.
    "His Universe, His rules." - Tomac

Feedback Score
    This is very interesting. I've never heard of them having two batteries in them. Of course I didn't bother to check to see if another battery would fit. Then again, it's one of those why would anyone try something like that. I did notice the offset and wondered if I should have mentioned it in the video but I figured for practical application it really isn't going to matter.

Maybe I'll reach out to MFT and see if they used to sell a different model or configuration.