Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Unsung heros of the gun world.

Feedback Score
    12 (93%)

Unsung heros of the gun world.

I've been going through a phase lately. For the last few months I've really started to desire something totally different than what everyone else has or what the semi auto world revolves around. I guess its just me wanting to be different or just own something else besides an AK or AR or Scar. So for me, I've been on a quest to find the unsung hero's of the gun world. Do you have a "closet favorite" of a less popular, unknown gun? Either American, Soviet, European or anywhere else you can share?

These are some of my favorites

Attachment 35860
    Yes I saw it in the new James Bond film, Spectre. It is my new obsession!

Attachment 35861
    ZM LR300, I know this is based on an AR but honestly, when is the last time you saw one. And they look awesome and from reading Recoil Magazine, they said it was a fine gun.

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    keeping up with the James Bond theme, The Spectre SMG has always been a favorite of mine. I wish more made it into the States or a company would make a reproduction.

I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    12 (93%)
    Do they have a civilian legal version of that?

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by elephant View Post
    Do they have a civilian legal version of that?
    Yes they made a pistol model but barely 1,000 made it into the states.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

These are some of my favorites

Attachment 35860
    Yes I saw it in the new James Bond film, Spectre. It is my new obsession!
    If you want to see more of the CZ58 then watch the Strikeback series. They are in there lots. Really good series too!

Quote Originally Posted by VIP3R 237 View Post
    Yes they made a pistol model but barely 1,000 made it into the states.
    I had hand on one at an auction a few weeks ago. Thing went for about I want to say $1400. If you are a collector I expect that might be reasonable, but the gun, besides being interesting, isn't something that falls into my general gun interests.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    Attachment 35861
    ZM LR300, I know this is based on an AR but honestly, when is the last time you saw one. And they look awesome and from reading Recoil Magazine, they said it was a fine gun.
    We have a Para Target Tactical in our store, which is essentially a LR-300. It seems like a decent idea, but I can't figure out how to take it apart, and I can't find any videos showing me how either.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    12 (93%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoringGuy45 View Post
    We have a Para Target Tactical in our store, which is essentially a LR-300. It seems like a decent idea, but I can't figure out how to take it apart, and I can't find any videos showing me how either.
    This gun is a surprise to me. It was heavily marketed and even featured in movies like Miami Vice 2006, Knight and Day and Swordfish, apparently it was going to be the replacement "paratrooper" model for the US Army but I have never found the company's website or any info on them. Then I heard Para Ordinance was building them, then Yankee Hill Machine. I found 1 on gun broker in the last year for $9,800 in original box and it is still listed. I think that is what appeals to me, not the price but the fact that they never show up on market.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    This gun is a surprise to me. It was heavily marketed and even featured in movies like Miami Vice 2006, Knight and Day and Swordfish, apparently it was going to be the replacement "paratrooper" model for the US Army but I have never found the company's website or any info on them. Then I heard Para Ordinance was building them, then Yankee Hill Machine. I found 1 on gun broker in the last year for $9,800 in original box and it is still listed. I think that is what appeals to me, not the price but the fact that they never show up on market.
    I do not recall having seen the LR-300 or the Para version as a "featured" weapon in the movie Miami Vice. I seem to recall that it was carried by an elite mook on the big bad's PSD and it may have had 30 seconds of screen time - most of it obscured by car doors and pillars or in far shots like the one establishing that the big bad's PSD includes a sniper/counter-sniper team. I think the Micro Galil got more screen time. (As far as featured weapons in that movie, I would say that they would be: SiG SG552, Benelli M4/M1014, H&K G36C, SVI TiKI, SiG P220, H&K HK69. The TiKI may have been on screen for less than the Galil MAR or the LR-300, but it was very much front-and-center for at least one scene.)

That being said, I've always thought the LR-300 was a cool variation on the AR-15 and the fact that Para never got their crap together in manufacturing it after they bought it from ZM - and now that they're just another name owned by Freedom Group and Cerberus Capital Management, they likely never will. The SiG MCX seems like it might at least be a spiritual successor, though.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    AR-180

I'm fortunate enough to own one. The rifle is historic and fun to shoot

Feedback Score
    12 (93%)
    Dude, I forgot about the Micro Galil MAR! Michael Mann does a pretty good job in the weapons department for all of his films.
    Attachment 35862
    That is a sweet setup

....and this RMA Patriot Pistol
    Attachment 35863
    A member reached out to me after reading my "want to buy" post in members exchange forum. Hopefully this will turn into reality.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast