Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Norden Combat Rifle Scope 1-6

Feedback Score

Norden Combat Rifle Scope 1-6

Not sure how I missed this during my research. Is it brand new? Anyone seen one in the wild and can comment on it?

http://nordenperformance.com/crs-scope/

I'm not sure if I like the reticle or not. The horseshoe seems to block a good bit of the target. I'm shopping for two variable scopes. One for a 10/22 (was leaning toward the Vortex Strike Eagle) and an upper for my SBR. It has a 12" LaRue bbl and I was looking hard at the Leupold Mk6 or the Trijicon Accupower.

Just saw the Norden this morning and want to see if it should be in the running. Thanks!
    Before you suggest that licensing, background checks, or other restrictions for the 2nd Amendment are reasonable... Apply those same ideas to the 1st and 4th Amendments. Then tell me how reasonable they are.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    Not sure how I missed this during my research. Is it brand new? Anyone seen one in the wild and can comment on it?

http://nordenperformance.com/crs-scope/

I'm not sure if I like the reticle or not. The horseshoe seems to block a good bit of the target. I'm shopping for two variable scopes. One for a 10/22 (was leaning toward the Vortex Strike Eagle) and an upper for my SBR. It has a 12" LaRue bbl and I was looking hard at the Leupold Mk6 or the Trijicon Accupower.

Just saw the Norden this morning and want to see if it should be in the running. Thanks!
    I'm not a fan of them illuminating the entire reticle, the numbering is unnecessary since it is sequential. The circles at extreme windage on 4 and 5 also not necessary. The circles on elevation is interesting.

For an 10/22 just get a weaver classic rimfire, parallax is optimized for 50y.
    For an SBR go reflex, RDS, EoTech the right tools for the right job and all that.
    Last edited by Digital_Damage; 11-07-15 at 10:10.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Damage View Post
    I'm not a fan of them illuminating the entire reticle, the numbering is unnecessary since it is sequential. The circles at extreme windage on 4 and 5 also not necessary. The circles on elevation is interesting.

For an 10/22 just get a weaver classic rimfire, parallax is optimized for 50y.
    For an SBR go reflex, RDS, EoTech the right tools for the right job and all that.
    I did think the entire reticle being illuminated was odd.

The SBR has an Aimpont micro already. I want a variable for the second upper. I want a shorty that allows me to reach out more easily. The 10/22 may get pressed into service for rat kills well inside 50. As good as the variable choices are these days I can find a need for a fixed power optic.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I did think the entire reticle being illuminated was odd.

The SBR has an Aimpont micro already. I want a variable for the second upper. I want a shorty that allows me to reach out more easily. The 10/22 may get pressed into service for rat kills well inside 50. As good as the variable choices are these days I can find a need for a fixed power optic.
    Would get a 3x flip to side magnifier for the aimpoint then, 1-4 is just to much for an 11.5-12 SBR. Even a 14.5 is border line.

If you are going to be within 50 then the Strike Eagle is defiantly not a good choice for the 10/22, parallax is fixed at 100. Weaver and Leopold make a few rimfire specific scopes with the parallax set at 50 for that very reason.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Why would you want a Vortex 1X6 on the 10/22? Look at something made for rimfire with a fine crosshair and objective adjustable down to short ranges. I am very fond of the Nikon Target EFR.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Would get a 3x flip to side magnifier for the aimpoint then, 1-4 is just to much for an 11.5-12 SBR. Even a 14.5 is border line.

If you are going to be within 50 then the Strike Eagle is defiantly not a good choice for the 10/22, parallax is fixed at 100. Weaver and Leopold make a few rimfire specific scopes with the parallax set at 50 for that very reason.
    I really like 11.5s with 1-4s.
    Can break some hearts in 3-gun with them.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    I really like 11.5s with 1-4s.
    Can break some hearts in 3-gun with them.
    typo, meant 1-6 as the OP was asking.

Also, most formal 3 gun are attempting to prohibit SBR's in IDPA tours . The crossing of state lines, paperwork and all that.

Feedback Score
    There is no reason a variable can't be used with success on a SBR. Forget his screen name, but we have a member here who has used his with an ACOG to hit steel at 400+. Since my SBR has a red dot, I wanted the extra upper to be able to do something different. Hitting targets at 5-600 won't be limited by the barrel - it will be limited by me.

As for the 10/22, I want to be able to use it from 10 yards to 100. I was looking at the Accupower 1-4 but saw I can get a Strike Eagle with ADM mount for much less. The Ruger will use the Magpul stock and is waiting on the stamp to clear for its Mist-22. I want to squeeze as much precision from it as I can.

Overall I don't have any reason to use a fixed power scope. Nothing I shoot at will be outside the range of a variable and I still get the 1x use when I want a RDS.
    Before you suggest that licensing, background checks, or other restrictions for the 2nd Amendment are reasonable... Apply those same ideas to the 1st and 4th Amendments. Then tell me how reasonable they are.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    There is no reason a variable can't be used with success on a SBR. Forget his screen name, but we have a member here who has used his with an ACOG to hit steel at 400+. Since my SBR has a red dot, I wanted the extra upper to be able to do something different. Hitting targets at 5-600 won't be limited by the barrel - it will be limited by me.

As for the 10/22, I want to be able to use it from 10 yards to 100. I was looking at the Accupower 1-4 but saw I can get a Strike Eagle with ADM mount for much less. The Ruger will use the Magpul stock and is waiting on the stamp to clear for its Mist-22. I want to squeeze as much precision from it as I can.

Overall I don't have any reason to use a fixed power scope. Nothing I shoot at will be outside the range of a variable and I still get the 1x use when I want a RDS.
    Acog is fixed. and I'm guessing it is the common 3x variety, SBR can mean a lot of things. Using a 11.5-12 to try and reach 600m just does not make any sense to me. A 14.5 drop to 600m is 17.7 MOA. A 11.5 with 62g is a 175-200 fps drop at 10 yards, just estimating but at 600m that will be around a 22 moa drop.

Your issue will not be the magnification on the 10/22, it is the parallax. Unless you are using a .920 barrel, I would forget 100y with the 10/22. Even with the .920 the wind has to be dead still. At just under sub moa at 50y with a 10/22 will easily jump to 3 moa and 6.5 inch drop (with 40g) .

The classic Weaver is not fixed, it is a 3-9 and specifically designed for rimfire. Getting a center fire scope is actually a detriment in most cases for rimfire setups.
    Last edited by Digital_Damage; 11-07-15 at 14:26.

Feedback Score
    Your issue will not be the magnification on the 10/22, it is the parallax. Unless you are using a .920 barrel, I would forget 100y with the 10/22. Even with the .920 the wind has to be dead still. At just under sub moa at 50y with a 10/22 will easily jump to 3 moa and 6.5 inch drop (with 40g) .

The classic Weaver is not fixed, it is a 3-9 and specifically designed for rimfire. Getting a center fire scope is actually a detriment in most cases for rimfire setups.
    I'll do some more research - thanks. One of my goals is to have a 22 that in some aspects mimics my center fire rifles.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast