Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Norden Combat Rifle Scope 1-6

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Big benefit with purpose built 22 optics is the close-range parallax adjustment.
    I actually had a TA01 on my 15/22 for a while. No problem with clays at 100. Fit the intent.
    I've been looking for a replacement, keep drifting back and forth between something like my primary and something more 22 specific.

From Tapatalk:
    Jack Leuba
    Knight's Armament Company: Military/Govt Product Liaison
    F2S Consulting: Director of Shooting Stuff
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Damage View Post
    Acog is fixed. and I'm guessing it is the common 3x variety, SBR can mean a lot of things. Using a 11.5-12 to try and reach 600m just does not make any sense to me. A 14.5 drop to 600m is 17.7 MOA. A 11.5 with 62g is a 175-200 fps drop at 10 yards, just estimating but at 600m that will be around a 22 moa drop.
    The goal isn't a SBR to use at 600. It's to experiment and stretch my abilities. I want a compact rifle that can reach out when necessary. In F2S's class I used a .308 but I pulled out my 16" 5.56 AR with a Z6i 1-6 at the 600 yard line just to see how it would do and was easily getting hits. The 12" upper will lose velocity but I'm looking to see what I can do with it. And a 1-4 or 1-6 lets me use it up close as a RDS.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Big benefit with purpose built 22 optics is the close-range parallax adjustment.
    I actually had a TA01 on my 15/22 for a while. No problem with clays at 100. Fit the intent.
    I've been looking for a replacement, keep drifting back and forth between something like my primary and something more 22 specific.

From Tapatalk:
    Jack Leuba
    Knight's Armament Company: Military/Govt Product Liaison
    F2S Consulting: Director of Shooting Stuff
    Thanks. The parallax was the only reason I kept finding for rimfire vs centerfire optics. That's why I was looking at 1-4 and 1-6 glass. When I'm not using an Aimpont, I'm using my Z6i 1-6's. In your DMR class last year it worked great from contact to 600. When we shot at 1000 I was out of reticle and didn't have reference points to adjust for your spotting. Most often I use them like Aimpoints which is why I thought a variable with true 1x would be good for the 10/22.
    Before you suggest that licensing, background checks, or other restrictions for the 2nd Amendment are reasonable... Apply those same ideas to the 1st and 4th Amendments. Then tell me how reasonable they are.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    I just tried an Aimpoint for the 2nd time and the dot with no other point of reference just doesn't work for me due to astigmatism. I can't aim it consistently because I can't tell where the dot ends and the streak begins. I just put a Vortex 1-6 on my BCM 11.5". It's definitely heavier, but based on what little shooting I've done with it so far I really like it. I'll know more after I run it next weekend in a class though.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveL View Post
    I just tried an Aimpoint for the 2nd time and the dot with no other point of reference just doesn't work for me due to astigmatism. I can't aim it consistently because I can't tell where the dot ends and the streak begins. I just put a Vortex 1-6 on my BCM 11.5". It's definitely heavier, but based on what little shooting I've done with it so far I really like it. I'll know more after I run it next weekend in a class though.
    Have you tried the Leuopld Prismatic Tactical? Seems to be a great option for those with astigmatism.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Have you tried the Leuopld Prismatic Tactical? Seems to be a great option for those with astigmatism.
    I have not. It looks interesting. I'll have to see if any of my local dealers have one so I can take a look at it in person.

Funny thing is I can shoot an Eotech no problem. My guess is because the dot is half the size and the ring around it helps center everything up.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveL View Post
    I have not. It looks interesting. I'll have to see if any of my local dealers have one so I can take a look at it in person.

Funny thing is I can shoot an Eotech no problem. My guess is because the dot is half the size and the ring around it helps center everything up.
    I'm trying to make the switch from eotech myself with the MRO, I'll be taking it out for my second round of testing to see if it is an option. Just cant get past the tube the aimpoint produces, make me feel down right claustrophobic.

I got to test the Prismatic awhile back. No real complaints other than the 3.5 inch eye relief prevents it from working with a magnifier and battery life seems to be short (but not eotech short), but the 1x image quality was far better than aimpoint and Eotech.
    Last edited by Digital_Damage; 11-07-15 at 19:59.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    I'm trying to make the switch from eotech myself with the MRO, I'll be taking it out for my second round of testing to see if it is an option. Just cant get past the tube the aimpoint produces, make me feel down right claustrophobic.

I got to test the Prismatic awhile back. No real complaints other than the 3.5 inch eye relief prevents it from working with a magnifier and battery life seems to be short (but not eotech short), but the 1x image quality was far better than aimpoint and Eotech.
    I'll be interested to know how it works out for you. I really like using the Eotech, but I just had a problem with mine and had to send it back to the factory for repair. It just happened to coincide with all the latest drama surrounding them. Having it develop a problem with no real abuse does not inspire confidence in it.
    Steve

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    A friend of mine has a integrally suppressed 77/22 and while there was noticeable drop with subsonic velocities, I saw no reason to not shoot it out to 100 yards. I've never seen any reason to not shoot my bone stock 10/22 with open sights at 100 yards. I wasn't getting tight groups, but a sitting rabbit at that range was mine. Of course, my eyes were much younger in those days.

I also see no reason not to mount a 1-4x or 1-6x on an SBR and give it a go. I think folks should take the time to push the range of their rifles and handguns just to see how much reach they have. The results will surprise many.

I took some time today to look at a few 1-4x & 1-6x scopes. Brands included Millet, Vortex, Swarovski & Steiner. The two that had the least distortion were Swarovski & Steiner. The Millet had too much "tunnel vision" and the Vortex had too much distortion at 1x. There was some distortion with the Swarovski & Steiner but it was far less. I think it's a challenge for makers to put out a distortion free 1x scope. It's been awhile since I've looked at the Leupold Mk6 1X6, but so far, it's the one with the least distortion at 1x.

I don't run optics on 22 rimfires, so I haven't looked at or used rimfire very much. However, based on my experience with optics, I'd suggest looking at a Leupold first. They seem to always have the best glass in any price range. After looking through a bunch of scopes today, I came away impressed with Steiner glass (with the exception of one that was expensive and looked like it was designed by Rube Goldberg) and plan to look closer at their offerings
    Last edited by MistWolf; 11-07-15 at 21:02.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    A friend of mine has a integrally suppressed 77/22 and while there was noticeable drop with subsonic velocities, I saw no reason to not shoot it out to 100 yards. I've never seen any reason to not shoot my bone stock 10/22 with open sights at 100 yards. I wasn't getting tight groups, but a sitting rabbit at that range was mine. Of course, my eyes were much younger in those days.

I also see no reason not to mount a 1-4x or 1-6x on an SBR and give it a go. I think folks should take the time to push the range of their rifles and handguns just to see how much reach they have. The results will surprise many.

I took some time today to look at a few 1-4x & 1-6x scopes. Brands included Millet, Vortex, Swarovski & Steiner. The two that had the least distortion were Swarovski & Steiner. The Millet had too much "tunnel vision" and the Vortex had too much distortion at 1x. There was some distortion with the Swarovski & Steiner but it was far less. I think it's a challenge for makers to put out a distortion free 1x scope. It's been awhile since I've looked at the Leupold Mk6 1X6, but so far, it's the one with the least distortion at 1x.

I don't run optics on 22 rimfires, so I haven't looked at or used rimfire very much. However, based on my experience with optics, I'd suggest looking at a Leupold first. They seem to always have the best glass in any price range. After looking through a bunch of scopes today, I came away impressed with Steiner glass (with the exception of one that was expensive and looked like it was designed by Rube Goldberg) and plan to look closer at their offerings
    Awesome post - thanks! I will take a closer look at the Steiners. I want to try something different than my Z6i even though I love it. Leupold has a generous LE discount and I've long liked their products.

Have you had a chance to look through an Accupower 1-4?

I agree about using variables on SBR's. I am eager to try it out.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I did not look at the Accupower. None of the stores I went to today had one
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast