Thread: Talk to me about the Minox ZP8 1-8x24 MR10+

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Talk to me about the Minox ZP8 1-8x24 MR10+

The multi plane FFP reticle and SFP illumination at the price point is compelling.

I know they purchased the company that Premier subcontracted. SCHOTT glass (same as Ziess, etc), the MR10+ reticle looks amazing.

200m parallax, Finally! Great for a heavy battle rifle.

I wish I could get a sample to test, any first had accounts?
    Last edited by Digital_Damage; 11-08-15 at 11:22.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Looks ok, but I would prefer an illuminated dot rather than illuminated crosshair, unless I misunderstood what part is illuminated. I probably sound like a broken record at this point, but top end magnification of more than 4x and nothing smaller than 1-mil subtending marks are mutually exclusive in my mind. That is a deal breaker for me above all else. The almost $3k price tag doesn't help the 1-mil graduations and the lack of center dot illumination.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NongShim View Post
    Looks ok, but I would prefer an illuminated dot rather than illuminated crosshair, unless I misunderstood what part is illuminated. I probably sound like a broken record at this point, but top end magnification of more than 4x and nothing smaller than 1-mil subtending marks are mutually exclusive in my mind. That is a deal breaker for me above all else. The almost $3k price tag doesn't help the 1-mil graduations and the lack of center dot illumination.
    Illumination can switched depending on magnification, FFP illuminated reticle, or a SFP DOT

Illumination details. scroll down to CCR Complete Combat Reticle .
    http://www.minox.com/index.php?id=zp_tac_reticles0&L=1

Some pictures of the SFP dot M10 (same as M10+ with out the holdover dots) http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...optic-preview/

Agree on the graduation, would like to see 1/2 MIL. But at 2k it would be hard to complain.

MSRP is 2800, street price 2000-2400.

With the Dot or reticle feature set they are in a Schmit & Bender 1.1-8×24 realm at a much lower price. with the glass rounds coming from the same vendor.
    Last edited by Digital_Damage; 11-09-15 at 10:18.

Feedback Score
    I haven't used the Minox 1-8, but I shoot a lot of PRS and long range matches and I have spent a decent amount of time recently behind the Minox TAC ZP 5-25x56. The glass on the 5-25 is awesome and the scope has functioned really well. So even though I can't give you much advice about their 1-8, the quality of their scopes seems to be very high. If it has the features you are looking for, you should be well served.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    That is cool about how the illumination changes. Scope looks like it has a lot going for it, but I can't get on board without half-mil marks...even for $2000

Feedback Score
    These do look interesting.

I like the MR2 and MR10+ reticles (in that order). Looking forward to more info and reviews.

MR2:

MR10+:
    Last edited by Snipe315; 11-09-15 at 21:58.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Snipe315 View Post
    These do look interesting.

I like the MR2 and MR10+ reticles (in that order). Looking forward to more info and reviews.

MR2:

MR10+:
    It is unfortunate the 1-8 does not come with the MR2 and dual illumination. Surprised the M10+ does not have half mil. a mix of the two would be ideal. I would really like to try one, just to see if I'm being too picky.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NongShim View Post
    That is cool about how the illumination changes. Scope looks like it has a lot going for it, but I can't get on board without half-mil marks...even for $2000
    Agreed
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com