Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: rail for N4 recce...

Feedback Score

rail for N4 recce...

wondering if a DD Lite 9" rail will fit on a N4 recce. will the FSB have to be removed? i know the Omega 9 would work but i do like the one piece/continuous top rail of the Lite series. other suggestions?

thx.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    You realize the Omega has a "continuous" rail too, right?

Either way, yes the 9.0 M4 Lite will fit on an N4 Recce without chopping the FSB.

Omega with "tail" that meets up with the upper receiver rail

Feedback Score
    I would suggest VLTOR's middy rail.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    If you go with ANY one piece FF rail, you will have to remove the FSB. The VLTOR CASV-M and DD Omega do not require that you remove anything and FF the barrel.

C4

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    If you go with ANY one piece FF rail, you will have to remove the FSB. The VLTOR CASV-M and DD Omega do not require that you remove anything and FF the barrel.

C4
    Yep, I misread the original request and thought he was talking about shaving, not removing.

Feedback Score
    I put the Troy MRF-M on my N4 Recce. I like it and it was easy to install.
    Just one of the Shepherd's sheepdogs. Joshua 24:15

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rmecapn View Post
    I put the Troy MRF-M on my N4 Recce. I like it and it was easy to install.
    rmecapn,

looked up that Troy MRF-M. is that a two piece system like the DD Omega 9? i'm guessing it would be to get it over the barrel without removing the FSB.

how do you like your Recce? ordering one here shortly. any trouble with the shallow feedramps? any issues at all? had been debating LMT standard 16" or Noveske N4 recce.

thx.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mat10x View Post
    is that a two piece system like the DD Omega 9?
    Yes it is. It does require the removal of the delta ring, but that's fairly simple with a dremel or bolt cutters.

how do you like your Recce? ordering one here shortly. any trouble with the shallow feedramps? any issues at all?
    I've had no issues at all, but I only have about 150 rounds through it. I don't expect any issues, either. It is well built. I did some rapid fire of 30 rounds with no problems relevant to the feed ramps. I am personally hooked on mid-lengths. I will not go back to a carbine length system. The Noveske is a top tier mid-length and so far it behaves like one.
    Just one of the Shepherd's sheepdogs. Joshua 24:15

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mat10x View Post
    wondering if a DD Lite 9" rail will fit on a N4 recce. will the FSB have to be removed? i know the Omega 9 would work but i do like the one piece/continuous top rail of the Lite series. other suggestions?

thx.

The Daniel Defense Omega rail butts up against the upper receiver.

Here are a few picture of the Noveske N4Recce with a DD 9.0 Omega rail.

Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast