Quote Originally Posted by Vegasshooter View Post
DirtyH, I went through the exact same dilemma. I wasn't sure if I wanted a NF 2.5-10, or more of a CQB to DMR type. Once I defined the role of the rifle, I decided on a scope. My thinking was this: I have a GAP10 in 6.5 CM wearing a Schmidt &Bender. So, my long range precision was covered. I decided I wanted this DD to be more of a DMR/ .308 Recce ( if there is such a thing). So I decided to go to a 1-6 or 1-8. That scope market is blowing up right now. I feel like there are more great scopes in that power range than any other range right now.

I initially put my Razor 1-6 on it. That was awesome. The JM reticle lined up perfect with the 168 Federal GMM. If a guy did that scope and never looked back he'd probably be great. But, always one to tinker, I went looking for a little more top end. I looked at several different scopes, and went with the Burris XTR II 1-8 FFP. I feel like this scope is made for this rifle concept. It's got a BDC reticle, great (for me) reticle. It is FFP, daylight bright illumination. You can run the dials capped or uncapped to dial wind/elevation. It's a mil/mil, lifetime warranty, and a street price of about $1k.

All in all, I really hit the jackpot with this scope in my mind. It has made the rifle one of my absolute favorites. I can shoot CQB, all the way out to 600-700 yds and be really comfortable.

This was my journey, and just my opinion. Maybe worth a look for you.
I agree. I have multiple 1-6 Vortex Razors. I really like the look of the Burris 1-8. Is the glass comparable to the Vortex? I heard rumor Burris is coming out with a mil/mil MRAD type FFP reticle this year and that would be the cats ass!

T