Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22303132

Thread: Has anyone found a DD5V1 yet?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegasshooter View Post
    DirtyH, I went through the exact same dilemma. I wasn't sure if I wanted a NF 2.5-10, or more of a CQB to DMR type. Once I defined the role of the rifle, I decided on a scope. My thinking was this: I have a GAP10 in 6.5 CM wearing a Schmidt &Bender. So, my long range precision was covered. I decided I wanted this DD to be more of a DMR/ .308 Recce ( if there is such a thing). So I decided to go to a 1-6 or 1-8. That scope market is blowing up right now. I feel like there are more great scopes in that power range than any other range right now.

I initially put my Razor 1-6 on it. That was awesome. The JM reticle lined up perfect with the 168 Federal GMM. If a guy did that scope and never looked back he'd probably be great. But, always one to tinker, I went looking for a little more top end. I looked at several different scopes, and went with the Burris XTR II 1-8 FFP. I feel like this scope is made for this rifle concept. It's got a BDC reticle, great (for me) reticle. It is FFP, daylight bright illumination. You can run the dials capped or uncapped to dial wind/elevation. It's a mil/mil, lifetime warranty, and a street price of about $1k.

All in all, I really hit the jackpot with this scope in my mind. It has made the rifle one of my absolute favorites. I can shoot CQB, all the way out to 600-700 yds and be really comfortable.

This was my journey, and just my opinion. Maybe worth a look for you.
    I agree. I have multiple 1-6 Vortex Razors. I really like the look of the Burris 1-8. Is the glass comparable to the Vortex? I heard rumor Burris is coming out with a mil/mil MRAD type FFP reticle this year and that would be the cats ass!

T

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    More time behind the 5V1 yesterday. From a reliability bar it's just as high as my LMT MWS.

The charging handle continues to be the only draw back. RH or LH using index and middle fingers it takes tremendous force to get it to break free. Fck the detent ball design.
    "Bones Heal, Chics Dig Scars, Pain Goes Away"

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by R0CKETMAN View Post
    More time behind the 5V1 yesterday. From a reliability bar it's just as high as my LMT MWS.

The charging handle continues to be the only draw back. RH or LH using index and middle fingers it takes tremendous force to get it to break free. Fck the detent ball design.
    Add a few drops of your favorite lube to the detent; made mine loosen up nicely. Charging handle took much less force to use after lubing the detent.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Finally got some time behind my DD5 today. I only had time for 60 rounds, so I am still well within the break-in period, but the rifle had no malfunctions today. Zeroed my NXS 2.5-10 @ 100 and then went straight to 500. Ammo used was 40 rounds of PMC 147gr. FMJ and 20 rounds of PMC XTAC Match 168gr. Recoil was slightly softer with the 147FMJ but neither beat up the shoulder by any means.

I need to get a chronograph and get some actual velocity numbers next time I go to the range, but I was able to cheat a little by roughly estimating my velocity as ~2650 for the 147 FMJ and ~2450 for the 168. Found the BCs and bullet length on PMC's website, punched in the numbers into Strelok Pro and dialed 40 clicks on my NXS. Was rewarded with a first round hit on a 500Y gong (20 rounds behind the gun and scope at this point). Moved to the 8" plate at 500 and smacked it with regularity. I was quite satisfied with the first trip. Once I get some actual chrono numbers I'll build a dope chart for both the 147 and 168gr. PMC loads. Don't plan on shooting this past 800 but it's nice knowing I have the glass to do so.

For those that care, it took me ~40 clicks to get on target @ 500 with the 168gr. loads and ~34 clicks with the 147gr. loads. These numbers will surely change when I get an a chrono and refine my ballistics calculations, but these are a rough rule of thumb for my setup.

Shooting at sea level in Eastern, NC. 50 degrees and 30% humidity.

Rifle setup:
    Nightforce NXS 2.5-10x42 Mil-R reticle
    Geissele Super Precision AR-10 Extended mount
    Magpul MBUS Pro offset BUIS (not zeroed yet)
    DD Keymod Bipod Mount
    Harris S-BRM 6-9"
    BCM Mod 1 Grip
    B5 Sopmod Stock
    BCM KMR rail covers

Edit: Just messed around with my turrets and I have 15.6 Mils of elevation remaining after my 100Y zero. Played around with Strelok and it's showing that with my "estimated" velocity numbers I'm currently using that I *should* have (barely) enough turret adjustment to take me to 1000Y (15.35 Mils with guesstimated numbers) without having to hold in the reticle. Once I get these loads chrono'd I'll post my updated results. Will be a few weeks before that happens.
    Last edited by MSparks909; 02-16-17 at 13:11.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tngnowner View Post
    Attachment 43552Attachment 43553Attachment 43554Attachment 43555

Just got mine to under 8lbs thanks to Nefarious Arms!
    hell yeah! i was going to send mine off to them glad to see the results! looks great. wow never realized how bad i lurk on m4 carbine lmfao, member since 14" and this is my first post
    Last edited by nhoj_yelbom; 05-01-17 at 01:37.

Feedback Score
    https://danieldefense.com/firearms/c...5v1-m-lok.html

DD5 now available in M-LOK. Exciting.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I was recently home on leave and got to put some more rounds through my DD5. It shot fine with and without the Surefire 762-mini. Can't comment on loudness of the 762-mini and I always had ears on. Subjectively, I felt it shot smoother on the recoil without the can, but the Surefire brakes just ****ing rock by themselves. No issues with Magpul mags but the two Lancer mags I tried did not lock the bolt back after the last round. Anyone else run into this issue?

BTW, love the gun even more. Ran reliably with match and ZQI plinker ammo, no charging handle issues for me, I love the light weight for a 308 gas gun. I have a TD stubby on it and when I wanted to shoot precision, it was nice to easily clamp on the Atlas and pull it off when I wanted to shoot CQB drills.
    Last edited by dogman1911; 07-16-17 at 21:33.

Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22303132