Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Has anyone found a DD5V1 yet?

Feedback Score
    My pmags might have been a little tight, but I do know mine was knocking thru one hole on the paper at 100 yards 9/10 with any deviation being me.. But I am not the one to review something like this as its a new category of 308 for me and I only shot at 100

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wfdeacon88 View Post
    My pmags might have been a little tight, but I do know mine was knocking thru one hole on the paper at 100 yards 9/10 with any deviation being me.. But I am not the one to review something like this as its a new category of 308 for me and I only shot at 100

It's honestly not a difficult thing to test. As close to a mechanical vise holding the rifle or a lead sled. Precise aim with optics. You might be able to get hits at 600 yards with iron sights but chasing group sizes at 100 yards really needs a good optic. Match ammo is needed to get an idea for the upper practical bound as well, but hand loads are arguably unfair here.

From there you can use OnTarget or a similar app to calculate MOA precisely. Median deviation from center using 5 or 10 shot groups if you can. I would try to shoot at least 3-6 groups if you can and then overlay all of the groups.

This of course assumes you're using a lead sled or a vise. Otherwise I would probably try doing double the number of groups and taking the most accurate 3-6 groups to get a good figure for accuracy.

Accuracy testing can be done objectively, it's just a question of resources and time.
    Last edited by Hunt3r; 01-16-16 at 05:20.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Let's just see anybody review it and give the standard 5 rounds at 100yrds data! I mean come on.... It makes me wonder how bad is it shooting?? The Recoil write up did not help....but at least they admitted it was not pretty. I really hoped it to be a tack driver....

T

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tat2 View Post
    Let's just see anybody review it and give the standard 5 rounds at 100yrds data! I mean come on.... It makes me wonder how bad is it shooting?? The Recoil write up did not help....but at least they admitted it was not pretty. I really hoped it to be a tack driver....

T
    It shoots great. Best 308 I've ever shot. It is odd though, VERY ODD, that literally no reviews exist.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tat2 View Post

T
    I suspect that chrome lining doesn't do it any favors. I really doubt that the advantages of chrome lining over nitriding are going to be apparent with semi auto, especially if the goal is accuracy.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunt3r View Post
    I suspect that chrome lining doesn't do it any favors. I really doubt that the advantages of chrome lining over nitriding are going to be apparent with semi auto, especially if the goal is accuracy.
    I would agree. But I have shot some sub MOA groups with my 16" CL LMT. They were hand loads.

T

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    If I am DD, at this point with the money invested on advertising alone let alone manufacturing, it would be hard not to be rolodexing some of the more popular YOUTUBE reviewers at the least and start shipping some test rifles to them. There are a few that have them posting, but no pics and nothing more than a sentence here and a sentence there isn't building toward a ground swell of excitement. Then again 308 ARs don't seem to get a lot of love compared to the 5.56 versions when it comes to reviews.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The PR dude at DD needs to be fired.....

T

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Ok, for those interested here are some numbers from a magazine review so take them for what they are worth. This is from, Special Weapons Jan/Feb 2016 issue:

Best five shot groups at 100 yards (does not state how many five shot groups were fired and this was not the average of them, but rather the best group)

Black Hills 155 A-Max: .98
    Desert Tech 175 OTM: .67
    Federal 168 Gold Medal Match OTM: .95
    Federal 178 Gold Medal Match BTHP: .90
    Hornady 155 TAP: .88

Wfdeacon88 does this match what you have experienced so far?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bowietx View Post
    Ok, for those interested here are some numbers from a magazine review so take them for what they are worth. This is from, Special Weapons Jan/Feb 2016 issue:

Best five shot groups at 100 yards (does not state how many five shot groups were fired and this was not the average of them, but rather the best group)

Black Hills 155 A-Max: .98
    Desert Tech 175 OTM: .67
    Federal 168 Gold Medal Match OTM: .95
    Federal 178 Gold Medal Match BTHP: .90
    Hornady 155 TAP: .88

Wfdeacon88 does this match what you have experienced so far?
    I shot match loads, didn't measure and was zeroing in rifle, but once dialed in, easily sub 1 inch at 100 yards.

Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast