Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2129303132 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone found a DD5V1 yet?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Nice little review. I ordered mine, should get it Tuesday. Debating on optics. I have a Vortex 2.5-10 EBR lying around but part of me wants a 1-8.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    The Vortex HD Gen II 1-6 is great
    Proper Planing Prevents Piss Poor Performance.......

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I put a nice and light NXS 1-4 on it but I feel like the FC-2 reticle doesn't take advantage of the accuracy potential.

Dennis.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Feedback Score

Has anyone found a DD5V1 yet?

I almost wish I had purchased a 3-15 power

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Just picked mine up today. Nice rifle. I look forward to shooting it soon. My initial impressions are:

Great trigger, however there is more take up than I thought there would be.

Hate the grip, its way too vertical. Going to pick up a magpul. Standard grips fit correct? Stock is fine. But that is personal preference.

Mags drop free, but mag release is difficult. Surprisingly difficult. If it doesn't loosen up I will contact DD.

Light, doesn't feel like a 308 at all.

Like the slim rail. I still like keymod, and I get a great grip on it.

I like the charging handle, isn't difficult like others have stated, as least mine isn't.

Those are my initial thoughts. I plan to hunt, shoot long range, and keep it as a fun gun. I am sure it will shoot circles around my M1A scout and standard. The Scout isn't overly impressive in the accuracy department. Mine came with a warcomp, not sure if I'll keep it or not. I want to see muzzle blast. I don't want to destroy my eardrums hunting. Now I need more mags. Who makes a decent 5 rounder? (For hunting)

Obligatory pic. I threw a strikeeagle on there for the moment, I don't know if it will stay though.

IMG_2341.jpg
    Last edited by Dirty_H; 01-31-17 at 20:05.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty_H View Post
    Mags drop free, but mag release is difficult. Surprisingly difficult. If it doesn't loosen up I will contact DD.
    Mine was as well. It loosened up after function checking about twenty different mags.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    For a hunting mag, I use a Magapul ten rounder and cut down a magazine limited to restrict to five cartridges.
    Proper Planing Prevents Piss Poor Performance.......

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    DirtyH, I went through the exact same dilemma. I wasn't sure if I wanted a NF 2.5-10, or more of a CQB to DMR type. Once I defined the role of the rifle, I decided on a scope. My thinking was this: I have a GAP10 in 6.5 CM wearing a Schmidt &Bender. So, my long range precision was covered. I decided I wanted this DD to be more of a DMR/ .308 Recce ( if there is such a thing). So I decided to go to a 1-6 or 1-8. That scope market is blowing up right now. I feel like there are more great scopes in that power range than any other range right now.

I initially put my Razor 1-6 on it. That was awesome. The JM reticle lined up perfect with the 168 Federal GMM. If a guy did that scope and never looked back he'd probably be great. But, always one to tinker, I went looking for a little more top end. I looked at several different scopes, and went with the Burris XTR II 1-8 FFP. I feel like this scope is made for this rifle concept. It's got a BDC reticle, great (for me) reticle. It is FFP, daylight bright illumination. You can run the dials capped or uncapped to dial wind/elevation. It's a mil/mil, lifetime warranty, and a street price of about $1k.

All in all, I really hit the jackpot with this scope in my mind. It has made the rifle one of my absolute favorites. I can shoot CQB, all the way out to 600-700 yds and be really comfortable.

This was my journey, and just my opinion. Maybe worth a look for you.

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hk_shootr View Post
    The Vortex HD Gen II 1-6 is great
    Agree. I have the same on mine.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegasshooter View Post
    DirtyH, I went through the exact same dilemma. I wasn't sure if I wanted a NF 2.5-10, or more of a CQB to DMR type. Once I defined the role of the rifle, I decided on a scope. My thinking was this: I have a GAP10 in 6.5 CM wearing a Schmidt &Bender. So, my long range precision was covered. I decided I wanted this DD to be more of a DMR/ .308 Recce ( if there is such a thing). So I decided to go to a 1-6 or 1-8. That scope market is blowing up right now. I feel like there are more great scopes in that power range than any other range right now.

I initially put my Razor 1-6 on it. That was awesome. The JM reticle lined up perfect with the 168 Federal GMM. If a guy did that scope and never looked back he'd probably be great. But, always one to tinker, I went looking for a little more top end. I looked at several different scopes, and went with the Burris XTR II 1-8 FFP. I feel like this scope is made for this rifle concept. It's got a BDC reticle, great (for me) reticle. It is FFP, daylight bright illumination. You can run the dials capped or uncapped to dial wind/elevation. It's a mil/mil, lifetime warranty, and a street price of about $1k.

All in all, I really hit the jackpot with this scope in my mind. It has made the rifle one of my absolute favorites. I can shoot CQB, all the way out to 600-700 yds and be really comfortable.

This was my journey, and just my opinion. Maybe worth a look for you.
    I'm running XTR II 1-5x24 on an AR15 and find the exposed turrets the optics only major weakness.
    "Bones Heal, Chics Dig Scars, Pain Goes Away"

Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2129303132 LastLast