Thread: Attn Fortis Rev and Surefire Scout owners, please advice on off-set mount

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Attn Fortis Rev and Surefire Scout owners, please advice on off-set mount

I got a Fortis REV™ Free Floating Rail System 9 from SKD and I'm looking for pictures or suggestion on how to place my Surefire M600P way forward so I can wrap my hand thumb-over bore so I can manipulate the remote switch, with both strong and weak-side. What do you recommend for an off-set mount that would move my light forward?

I'd like to set the light much more forward than this...the G2X is for comparison where I initially had it, but, in carbine classes I learned that while shooting on my weak-side (left) that I cannot manipulate the G2X.
    Plus I'd like for it to sit higher (1 o'clock) hence, the search for an offset mount

currently, on my strong side, the light is too close for me to properly grip the hand guard and reach for the remote

its fine for my weak side

hopefully, get the light this much forward

the rest of pictures are here if relevant http://imgur.com/a/BUiW9
    Last edited by Ledanek; 11-10-15 at 23:47.
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    If you are in a fight, and something impedes your ability to adequately project force, correct that problem or remove yourself from the fight.

Feedback Score
    72 (100%)

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I use the Gear Sector mount on my Fortis rail...

Untitled by Cory Fluck, on Flickr

I may have a couple of these mounts laying around I could part with...
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoryCop25 View Post
    I use the Gear Sector mount on my Fortis rail...

Untitled by Cory Fluck, on Flickr

I may have a couple of these mounts laying around I could part with...
    from Gear Sector
    The Surefire Scout Light® Offset Flashlight Mount is constructed using multiple base materials and is precision CNC machined from billet stock. Material and finish processes are outlined below:

Base Material: 6061-T6 Aluminum
    Base Finish: Military Specification ( MIL-A-8625F ) Type III, Class II Hard Coat
    Index Material: 1144 StressProof® heat treated steel
    Index Finish: Nitrocarburising by Nitrotec®
    Weight: 0.96 ozs.<--------------------------------------------------------------------------------- wonder if this would be the lightest?...ounces to pounds, pounds to pain
    Compliance: 100% Berry Amendment Compliant
    Origin: Proudly Made in the USA
    If you are in a fight, and something impedes your ability to adequately project force, correct that problem or remove yourself from the fight.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by fledge View Post
    I'm not entirely understanding if this is what I need http://www.impactweaponscomponents.c...egic-partners/
    Ultra-lightweight THORNTAIL Offset 1913 Adaptive Light MOUNT-N-SLOT weighs a mere .773 ounces (21.915G) per IWC http://www.impactweaponscomponents.c...e-light-mount/

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)
    Since you want to push it further out, the gear sector mount probably won't work out for you. The HSP Thorntail Mount from Impact Weapons Components does push the light further out, but I've never used one so I couldn't tell you if it would put it exactly where you want it. Before I bought longer rails I did have this: https://www.midwestindustriesinc.com...category_ID=94 and it really did work great. It will actually place the light in the exact position you have it in the photo of what you want using the mount that's already attached to your M600.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TF82 View Post
    Since you want to push it further out, the gear sector mount probably won't work out for you. The HSP Thorntail Mount from Impact Weapons Components does push the light further out, but I've never used one so I couldn't tell you if it would put it exactly where you want it. Before I bought longer rails I did have this: https://www.midwestindustriesinc.com...category_ID=94 and it really did work great. It will actually place the light in the exact position you have it in the photo of what you want using the mount that's already attached to your M600.
    great options...will check them out.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I'm a huge fan of the Gear Sector mounts. I wanted the same thing you are describing and have been running it this way for about two years.

These are two quick photos I took with my phone, so hopefully they are clear enough.
    "My craving is, and always has been, to be involved in actions conducted to ensure America remains strong, safe, and free of those who have its destruction as their goal."
    - Billy Waugh

"When you enter a room full of armed men, shoot the first person who moves, hostile or otherwise. He has started to think and is therefore dangerous."
    - Robert "Paddy" Mayne

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    If I knew that Fortis going to run a FS cutout handguard, I would take it.
    I like that Gear Selector...I'm really considering it. Pictures were a big help. Thanks

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ledanek View Post
    I got a Fortis REV™ Free Floating Rail System 9 from SKD and I'm looking for pictures or suggestion on how to place my Surefire M600P way forward so I can wrap my hand thumb-over bore so I can manipulate the remote switch, with both strong and weak-side. What do you recommend for an off-set mount that would move my light forward?

AFTER:

I'd like to set the light much more forward than this...the G2X is for comparison where I initially had it, but, in carbine classes I learned that while shooting on my weak-side (left) that I cannot manipulate the G2X.
    Plus I'd like for it to sit higher (1 o'clock) hence, the search for an offset mount

currently, on my strong side, the light is too close for me to properly grip the hand guard and reach for the remote

AFTER

its fine for my weak side

hopefully, get the light this much forward

AFTER

the rest of pictures are here if relevant http://imgur.com/a/BUiW9
    Thanks to fellow members from their help, and Earl Pittman of impactweaponscomponents.com