Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Brief Review of the Surefire Warden/Blast Diffuser

Feedback Score
    Seems like this is great for people with brakes on SBRs to act as a sacraficial baffle, but want to cut the Blast on a line or class without the silencer.

Edit, just saw this was already addressed. Fwiw, I have a fh on a 14.5" so I have no use for it, just interested about it from a knowledge standpoint.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 11-13-15 at 12:15.

Feedback Score
    Does anyone happen to know if this only works on their current SOCOM brake or will this work on the older MB556K brakes as well?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    It will work on legacy muzzle devices, but will not index which is unimportant anyway.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by t15 View Post
    And why would you buy a surefire muzzle device if you did not have a surefire SUPPRESSOR.

THIS PRODUCT IS FOR BIG BOYS WITH THICK WALLETS WHO OWN SUREFIRE SUPPRESSORS.

if you do not own a supressor or intend to own 1, then I would suggest 1 of BCM's hybrid compensators.

This is a very simple subject. If you don't understand the necessity for this product on the market, don't buy it, but please keep your opinions to yourself.
    He really isn't wrong....

Plenty of people are going to buy this for the Surefire brakes they have that don't belong to a can. Also, if you DO have the can, WHY BUY SOMETHING TO DO WHAT YOUR CAN ALREADY DOES?

If it's in caps can you understand it better?
    Last edited by Tzook; 11-13-15 at 23:51.
    Gun and Gear Reviews- www.almosttacticalreviews.com

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bruin View Post
    Along the same lines, I'm interested if the Warden adds backpressure to the gas system like the KX3 does.
    I did not notice any increased back pressure or gas to face while shooting with the warden

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzook View Post
    He really isn't wrong....

Plenty of people are going to buy this for the Surefire brakes they have that don't belong to a can. Also, if you DO have the can, WHY BUY SOMETHING TO DO WHAT YOUR CAN ALREADY DOES?

If it's in caps can you understand it better?
    For times when you don't feel like putting wear on your can, or dealing with the weight, but you don't want to be a dick with muzzle blast.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    What don't you understand?
    Relax, dude. It's a dummy suppressor.

If Spike's Craptical came out with the exact-same-thing we'd all be making fun of it, but because it says "Surefire" on the side and they showed you a picture of some guy in Costaprone, it's somehow practical?

Muzzle blast and sideways prone in loose sand are just ostensible reasons to justify what is 99.5% a cosmetic product.

THIS PRODUCT IS FOR BIG BOYS WITH THICK WALLETS WHO OWN SUREFIRE SUPPRESSORS.
    The opposite.

This product exists to get more Surefire muzzle devices on more guns, and give more "Operators" something to play with. It will sell like crazy, and achieve both objectives brilliantly.

I personally don't see any difference between this and the airsoft suppressors contractors were running around in Iraq with for DFAC pimping, except that these are no doubt more durable and shorter.

I also completely reject the notion of "obnoxious muzzle blast."

Then again, I never went through a shoothouse with a bunch of ballerinas.

Feedback Score
    ive always wondered about these things to put the blast away and force it forward
    couldnt you get the same thing by removing any muzzle device?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Chunky_Lover View Post
    ive always wondered about these things to put the blast away and force it forward
    couldnt you get the same thing by removing any muzzle device?
    yes and no. not as effective as having one. think of it as a megaphone for your muzzle blast. it does direct it well.
    know The Basics At A Superbowl Level. (I Think Larry Vickers Said That...)

Feedback Score
    In the end for items like these, the market will be the tell tale if it was a positive business decision or not.
    I would have personally preferred an updated version of the micro over this. I do like the moderator concept in general. When wearing hearing protection, what issues seem to be most prevalent? Size? Blast/concussion? etc?
    Surefire and some others make good full size cans with smaller counterparts available. Would a third choice in suppression be out of the question? Depending on circumstances, I would prefer more options than fewer to better suit end use.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast