Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Glock 41 HELP: Dropping Mags & Serious Malfs

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Glock 41 HELP: Dropping Mags & Serious Malfs

Finally had a long planned range session come to fruition yesterday. Took the Gen 4 G41 which was perfectly fine since purchased a couple years or so ago, and has had about 1300-1500 trouble free rounds put thru it. No probs last range session a few months back.
    Today, first mag, while shooting the mag drops out of gun, along with a crushed brass jammed into chamber sideways. I thought, "Well, Ive hit the mag release somehow". NO. did it with every other mag I tried, and also had several very serious malfs that woulda left me DEAD in a gunfight.
    I have shot Glocks for 13 years now. Had 3 at the range, have owned several, use them exclusively now for edc/shtf ect. I was NOT hitting the mag release.
    Any ideas as to why suddenly this pistol would start doing this? Box stock except for sights & grip plug, same as all my other Glocks. Factory mags only. Full power JHP ammo.
    The gun is 100% out-of-service untill fixed. Need help on this fellas, sure apppreciate your thoughts.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    Can you pull a mag out of the gun after you’ve seated it without releasing the button? Can this be replicated with another shooter?

If these are “no”, then you are hitting the button and don’t realize it.

Are your other Glocks 9mm?

I’ve personally had similar issues with Glocks after having not shot them in awhile...slides locking open while still loaded and magazines dropping while shooting. Guess what? It was me...shooting Sigs, HKs, and 1911s caused my grip to change and cause issues with the Glock. Dry fire with the Glock and not shooting the other guns for a few range sessions and the problems went by the wayside without mechanical intervention.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostly View Post
    Can you pull a mag out of the gun after you’ve seated it without releasing the button? Can this be replicated with another shooter?

If these are “no”, then you are hitting the button and don’t realize it.

Are your other Glocks 9mm?

I’ve personally had similar issues with Glocks after having not shot them in awhile...slides locking open while still loaded and magazines dropping while shooting. Guess what? It was me...shooting Sigs, HKs, and 1911s caused my grip to change and cause issues with the Glock. Dry fire with the Glock and not shooting the other guns for a few range sessions and the problems went by the wayside without mechanical intervention.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bro- thank you for trying to help. but before I have to keep saying it AGAIN, no- Im NOT hitting the mag release, now lets not ask that again please. No, I cant pull a loaded mag out,, and nobody but me has shot the gun.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Take a good look at the magazine release see if the area that locks into the magazine is worn or rounded at all. Also check the spring to be sure it is in place properly and rather stiff.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Colt guy View Post
    Take a good look at the magazine release see if the area that locks into the magazine is worn or rounded at all. Also check the spring to be sure it is in place properly and rather stiff.
    Done. All good, I see nor feel nothing out of place.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mine did this. I sold the damn thing. It only would happen to me, and was particular to my aggressive grip. Other shooters had no issue. The meat of my palm below the thumb of my support hand would, I guess, contact the magazine release during recoil. I replaced it with an aftermarket release, but the issue persisted. About once every few mags. Sold the gun. I hope you have better luck.

Feedback Score
    Shoot it strong hand only, report back.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Back in my law enforcement days I worked for a department near metro Atlanta when they transition from Smiths to Glock 22’s

During our qualifications we had a lot of guns that dropped mags when firing or chambering rounds. IIRC Glock ended up replacing the mag release/springs of the offending pistols and most of them began working.
    Religion is doing what you are told no matter what is right. Morality is doing what is right no matter what you are told...

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Replace both the spring and the release. Can be done with $30 and 5 minutes on youtube.
    When you're done saying what you're saying, stop saying it.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Let someone else shoot it and see what happens.

Likely the catch or the spring are screwed up. Did it do it with all magazines or just certain ones? And there could be some remote chance something odd has happened with the frame.

If you get the same outcome with all mags and/or a different shooter the best bet would be to send everything back to Glock and hope you don't get the tech(s) that (allegedly) reviewed a friend's 26 that couldn't make it through a full magazine without malfunctioning (multiple magazines, several different brands/types of 9mm, & 3 different shooters) and sent it back claiming it was fine.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast