Page 98 of 109 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig 320 vs Glock

Feedback Score
    OK. Mine came back with the RECALL repaired. Here is my assessment, your results may vary.

I went to the range yesterday and fired off 100 rounds. Since it’s been locked up in the safe for a couple months, I really don’t remember exactly how it performed before the refit. I believe it’s been improved.

It was an indoor range, and I pretty much just shot static with no special drills. I just wanted to get the feel for the new trigger.

Bottom line, I’m impressed. Unless new information develops were there still may be a safety issue, this thing is a solid keeper. It goes back to what I said earlier. I really want to hate this gun, but can’t. I remember now WHY I bought it the first place. It is a great shooter.

Nothing wrong Glocks, but Sig just fits “me” better. Again, your mileage may vary... I’m sure it will. That’s what makes us all different. As always... I’m on the iPad. Excuuuuuse the typos.
    U.S. Army vet. -- Retired 25 year LEO.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Getting mine back this week. I'm impressed with the speed of turnaround. The jury is out on whether I keep it or not. I bought the 320 because I have DA/SA SIG's so I figured why not have the striker gun? My steel Sig's are more range guns instead of carry. I have pretty much settled on the 19 and 43 for carry plus I picked up the Shield during the rebate. Picking up a 2.0c seems like a good a move to pair up with the Shield. Plus it works for my OCD!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    FedEx just returned my P320 Compact about 2 hours ago. I field stripped it to look it over, added a little oil and then shot 50 rounds through it.

The trigger was a tiny bit rough out of the box. I guess it'd make sense since the fire control components are essentially new. Anyway, it seems to have smoothed up after a few cycles. Basically the trigger feels about like it always did. Good for a striker gun.

One oddity--as others are reporting--is the disconnector notch cut in the guns with older slides. The older slides have a lightening cut where the disconnector notch should be. To make this all work SIG basically turned the entire lightening cut into the disconnector notch. It would seem newer slides (2017 production) don't have this lightening cut anymore.

This all seems to work okay but the sear doesn't reset upon initial slide travel but rather at nearly the rearward point. I suppose that really makes no difference since live fire or "tap rack" should work just fine regardless of where the sear resets.

Overall time, including shipping to and fro was right at two weeks.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Mine ended up being a week door to door. Haven't managed to shoot it yet but based on dry fire, I'm not overly impressed. The reset felt clunkier and it had a grittiness to the pull. I plan on doing a side by side with my friends non "upgraded" 320. I'll put a couple of hundred through it first before I decide whether to cut it loose .

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas View Post
    Mine ended up being a week door to door. Haven't managed to shoot it yet but based on dry fire, I'm not overly impressed. The reset felt clunkier and it had a grittiness to the pull. I plan on doing a side by side with my friends non "upgraded" 320. I'll put a couple of hundred through it first before I decide whether to cut it loose .
    My trigger does seem to be smoothing up a little. I assume it will wear itself in after a couple hundred rounds. At least that's my hope.

I understand how some owners feel. I'm not particularly pleased with this whole drop thing. But Sig seems to be trying their best to get guns fixed and back out in a timely manner.

I really liked the gun prior to all this nonsense so I guess I should continue to like it now. It was accurate and reliable prior to the upgrade and as long as it continues to be accurate and reliable I don't foresee any reason to peddle it out of spite.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Tokarev; 11-21-17 at 16:19.
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    A refreshingly logical viewpoint.

Feedback Score
    Thousands of people have been shot with Glock triggers and are still doing it and Glock does nothing, that's a fact.

Sigs have shot 2 people and Sig fixed the issue free. Sig's a real, gun company that acknowledges

if it has a problem and fixes it. Glocks a company that never acknowledges their problems and never

fixes them even going back to Glock Gen 4's when they were throwing hot cases into peoples eyes,

they still are. Glock is a cult company.

Sig 320 is a better gun in every way!
    Last edited by jimjc; 11-22-17 at 08:05.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Hopefully SIG is paying you by commission!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    Hopefully SIG is paying you by commission!

Can't take it huh, reality IS real you know.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jimjc View Post
    Thousands of people have been shot with Glock triggers and are still doing it and Glock does nothing, that's a fact.

Sigs have shot 2 people and Sig fixed the issue free. Sig's a real, gun company that acknowledges

if it has a problem and fixes it. Glocks a company that never acknowledges their problems and never

fixes them even going back to Glock Gen 4's when they were throwing hot cases into peoples eyes,

they still are. Glock is a cult company.

Sig 320 is a better gun in every way!
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Page 98 of 109 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108 ... LastLast