Thread: Glock 34 MOS Range Review

Feedback Score

Glock 34 MOS Range Review

So I have had the Glock 34 MOS for a year and a half now and I have ran it through numerous 3gun matches and 2 USPSA matches, it is a great pistol that offers all the benefits of the standard Glock but allows you to run various red dot sights with the provided adapter plates. Instead of paying to have your Glock milled you can unscrew the cover plate and add the appropriate adapter plate to your particular mini red dot. I used the Trijicon RMR RM01 3.25 MOA non adjustable LED. It is different using a red dot but I can see where it would be beneficial for hitting targets further out or someone with aging eyes. The Glock MOS can take many different sights but I recommend the Dawson precision sights as they allow you to mount your RMR and retain great sights. I have the non co witness sights but if I were using an RMR all the time with this pistol I would use the Co wtiness sights. The MOS line is the most versatile line of glocks because you can do anything you want to them with minimal tools. As much as I like the pistol I did find one glaring problem and I have heard of others having the same problem. Roughly after 15 rounds my RMR came flying off and hit me in the head. The screws that Glock provides are short and only 1 or 2 of the threads actually will lock in. I had tightened them down and the screws come with thread locker on them. I have ordered some replacement screws from Battle Werx so that I won't have this problem again. The screws provided by Trijicon are too long to use on the MOS. If you are considering buying a Glock and you want to in the future add a dot to your pistol I recommend buying the MOS and some Battle Werx screws. I bought two sets of replacement screws for the entire setup for 2 sets of 6 for $12.99. Getting the MOS package with the Battle Werx screws is cheaper than sending out to get milled however getting it milled will have a tighter fit because it is for your specific red dot while the MOS allows you to have any dot you can think of.

Feedback Score
    Great review.

I love the Glock 34. To me, it even has less perceived muzzle rise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    Thanks! It does in my option too, I think it's because of the longer slide and the cut out in the slide.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Great review, and thanks for the heads up on the Battle Werx screws; that solves the only real concern I had with the M.O.S. system.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Because BattleWerx offers a few different kinds, which ones specifically did the trick for you with your Glock MOS? If it makes any difference, I'm going to install the Leupold Deltapoint Pro.
    Last edited by VALG17; 11-26-17 at 16:10.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I didn’t realize that Glock was offering screws for the RMR. Just the plates.

Was pissed when I got the MOS home only to find I had to get on Amazon and order a mounting kit from Trijicon. Make sure the plate is firmly attached to the gun. On my 19 I had the plate walk loose on my first range session. Pretty much ended up bedding that baby to the slide in blue loctite. 1000 rds or so later and still on there like grim death.

Also, if you can use a torque wrench to attach the RMR to the plate. Will make rezero after a battery swap much easier. Mine went back to dead nuts on at 25 using a torque wrench.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    What inch pound setting did you use with your torque wrench?