Page 95 of 109 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig 320 vs Glock

Feedback Score
    I laughed a little this morning at this which plastic gun I should limit myself to in order to be a better operator. Then I tried to decide which gun to hit the woods with my son, his beloved pawpaws M100 or BAR. He won't even look at my classics...though he does love my shotgun collection.

Sitting in my safe now is 4 generations of beloved firearms, the plastic and aluminum stuff gets sit in corners and closets here and there because everyone still sells modern junk (kind of like how cheap 65 and up coins are if you're a collector) One day the only memories worth cherishing will be with those "collectors" you spent days in the field and at the range with your family. Arguments on algores innerwebs over which plastic you shouldn't collect and how dumb it is to own different platforms will be nothing but a bitter memory of time that could have been spent wiser.
    The Jeep is Family

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    Slight drift - it's possible to do both - collect and shoot - or maybe I'm just in that transitional period from buying a bunch of stuff to standardizing on Glocks, AR15s, and J-frame Smiths. I do have fun guns like the SCARs and suppressed 9MM AR, but I've sold off some HKs, SIGs, and such.

But with my limited shooting time at the range it all goes to the G19s, BCM ARs, and some time with the G42 and J-frames. I always bring along a 22LR of some variety, either a Beretta 87, S&W63, or one of the Ruger Mark IIs, along with some ammo to blow off some steam / plink with those at the beginning or end of a range session, although half the time they just stay in the range bag.

OT - I had my SIG P320Cs and thankfully sold them before they all had to go back to SIG - compared to a G19, the 320C is bigger in every dimension, heavier, and has a higher bore axis. Not a bad gun, other than the potential to fire when dropped on it's backside, but in the scheme of things I don't miss them.
    I don't recall anyone suggesting otherwise. I know plenty of shooters with extensive collections.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Would own an Army version of the P320.

No room in my arms for Loser Glock.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sancho Panza View Post
    Would own an Army version of the P320.
    Does it differ from the civi versions?

Quote Originally Posted by Sancho Panza View Post
    No room in my arms for Loser Glock.
    Damn those losers at NSW, FBI, etc, etc. What do you know about pistols they don't?

(And no, I don't own a single Glock)
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Does it differ from the civi versions?

Damn those losers at NSW, FBI, etc, etc. What do you know about pistols they don't?

(And no, I don't own a single Glock)

http://www.wearethemighty.com/gear-t...-how-it-shoots

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...m17-ausa-2017/

Feedback Score
    53 (100%)
    The overwhelming majority of people in the Army who will be issued this pistol are Staff Officers and SNCOs too lazy to carry a rifle. It will make a fashionable accessory for their clean OCPs in Miami Vice leather crossdraw holsters while they wait in line at a DFAC on Bagram.

I really wish we would have just focused our efforts on improving pistol training and procuring better holsters for our M9s. It's great we're giving our Soldiers the best tool for the job, but being realistic, it's not something we ever actually carried at the Platoon level except for 240 gunners. And even then, I can count on 1 finger the number of times I've seen someone shoot an M9 in combat and he was being a smartass when he did it.

I'm sure the P320 is a fine handgun. But let's not kid ourselves into believing it will ever actually be anything more than FOB candy in the role we use handguns unless the conventional Army dramatically changes its approach to how we field handguns.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I don't have any experience with the civi versions to comment, and Sigs never interested me much, but looks like an interesting platform.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GTF425 View Post
    The overwhelming majority of people in the Army who will be issued this pistol are Staff Officers and SNCOs too lazy to carry a rifle. It will make a fashionable accessory for their clean OCPs in Miami Vice leather crossdraw holsters while they wait in line at a DFAC on Bagram.

I really wish we would have just focused our efforts on improving pistol training and procuring better holsters for our M9s. It's great we're giving our Soldiers the best tool for the job, but being realistic, it's not something we ever actually carried at the Platoon level except for 240 gunners. And even then, I can count on 1 finger the number of times I've seen someone shoot an M9 in combat and he was being a smartass when he did it.

I'm sure the P320 is a fine handgun. But let's not kid ourselves into believing it will ever actually be anything more than FOB candy in the role we use handguns unless the conventional Army dramatically changes its approach to how we field handguns.
    Maybe going to the P320 is in a effort to address training short comings of the M9. Malfunction clearing, without activating the manual slide mounted safety, for example.

Feedback Score
    53 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by southswede View Post
    Maybe going to the P320 is in a effort to address training short comings of the M9. Malfunction clearing, without activating the manual slide mounted safety, for example.
    Which the root could be traced to the fact no one teaches how to shoot an M9 period. The overwhelming majority of M9 ranges are a joke.

How pistol ranges work in Big Army:

Soldiers receive 30-50 rounds.
    Paper qual target.
    Soldiers shoot all ammo.
    Take LMTV back to Company.
    Clean M9.
    Turn in.

Repeat next year.

Four Soldiers in an Infantry Platoon carry an M9. The 240 gunners, Platoon Sergeant, and Platoon Leader. It's not a training prioroty, but even just slightly improving the quality of familiaration training with every Soldier would pay huge dividends for units.

We let everyone shoot the 40mm, M2, Mk19, AT4, etc. The only people we had the ammo to support 9mm ranges with were those on the MTOE assigned an M9. As such, many guys have no idea how to teach pistol marksmanship and many don't care.

Just a check the box qual for the gunners and move on. Many Officers and SNCOs just hand jam their qual cards, much like their APFTs.

Lot of "what the ****" to be addressed beyond just mechanical operation of the M9.
    Last edited by GTF425; 11-18-17 at 13:08.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GTF425 View Post
    The overwhelming majority of people in the Army who will be issued this pistol are Staff Officers and SNCOs too lazy to carry a rifle.
    MP's don't carry handguns?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Page 95 of 109 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105 ... LastLast