Page 101 of 109 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1086

Thread: Sig 320 vs Glock

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    The truth is that the Glock is one of the hardest guns to shoot well. The 320 is much more user friendly in that regard.

That being the case makes accuracy from a machine rest all but meaningless no?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    I wonder where he was booted from to pop up again here?

PT Mccain, is that you as jimjc???
    I just came over to see what a bunch of Glock pussys are here and I found out this joint is full of sissies....

Oh gee darn it, will that get me BANNED this is such a wonderful sissie place

EDIT Your moderator here is known on the internet as a girl boy..

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jimjc View Post
    I just came over to see what a bunch of Glock pussys are here and I found out this joint is full of sissies....

Oh gee darn it, will that get me BANNED this is such a wonderful sissie place

EDIT Your moderator here is known on the internet as a girl boy..
    Gone in 3, 2, 1...

C4

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    That being the case makes accuracy from a machine rest all but meaningless no?

Nope. Humans tend to push the trigger on the Glock. The ransom rest pulls it straight to the rear.

C4

Feedback Score
    You cannot use a persons ability to shoot a gun well as the "test" to see if one gun is more accurate than another. First, you measure the barrel hood to slide fit. Then, you stick it in a ransom rest and shoot it for group (with various types of ammo).

The truth is that the Glock is one of the hardest guns to shoot well. The 320 is much more user friendly in that regard.

C4
    I look at the target to determine accuracy.

If the Glock was so hard to shoot, I wonder why 65%+ of American LE issue it, or allow it to be carried. Especially when we take into consideration that most LEO's are not gun people and shoot only when they are forced to. My experience with Glock's is in contrast with you saying it is one of the hardest guns to shoot well.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Nope. Humans tend to push the trigger on the Glock. The ransom rest pulls it straight to the rear.

C4
    Yes but if the gun is not easy to shoot/operate vs one that is then the mechanical rest is more or less pointless. All that does is give an indication of potential accuracy rather than practical accuracy.

“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    Yes but if the gun is not easy to shoot/operate vs one that is then the mechanical rest is more or less pointless. All that does is give an indication of potential accuracy rather than practical accuracy.

I would agree that a rest is pointless once the gun has been moved beyond R&D and the guns are manufactured.

What it comes down to with most handguns is a personal preference. Today, we have the luxury of having a wide variety of good quality guns to choose from in the 4" barrel/15 shot range. It is going to come down to what "feels" best in the users hand.
    Last edited by southswede; 11-22-17 at 12:25.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by southswede View Post
    I look at the target to determine accuracy.

If the Glock was so hard to shoot, I wonder why 65%+ of American LE issue it, or allow it to be carried. Especially when we take into consideration that most LEO's are not gun people and shoot only when they are forced to. My experience with Glock's is in contrast with you saying it is one of the hardest guns to shoot well.
    Yes, using one guns inherit "ease of shooting" to figure that one is more accurate than the other. That is not scientific. Try measuring the barrel hood to slide lock up. Much better indication.

Have you ever shot an LE qual? I do and pass them blind folded and or shoot them with NO SIGHTs on the gun. So it has nothing to do with accuracy tests, but by domination of the LE marketplace, ease of use, cost and availability of parts and holsters.

I shoot Glock's exceptionally well (at speed). Ever shoot the 10/10/10 drill? Eats most peoples lunch and is a good indicator if you actually shoot Glock's "well."

In order to shoot a Glock (well), you have to realize what the gun is dictating to you and then adjust. Most people either never figure it out or believe that shooting 4" groups at 25yds is considered "good."

C4
    Last edited by C4IGrant; 11-22-17 at 12:24.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by southswede View Post
    I would agree that a rest is pointless once the gun has been moved beyond R&D and the guns are manufactured.
    How so? How long have you owned a ransom rest??

C4

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

Right, but we FIRST must test the mechanical accuracy (for a baseline). Then, when you the shooter do not live up to the same standard, you know it is you. Most people believe it is the weapon. Every single day, someone tells me that their Glock shoots to the left and or isn't accurate. I then go into the range and shoot a 2" group with it and then hand them their gun back. :-)

C4
    Last edited by C4IGrant; 11-22-17 at 12:29.

Page 101 of 109 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103 ... LastLast