Page 103 of 109 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1086

Thread: Sig 320 vs Glock

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    It's not listed on the site I can see what you are saying, his site was recently completely revamped, so maybe he just doesn't have that Sig page up yet?
    That would explain it.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by southswede View Post
    Being a Sig dealer, why are there no Sig's listed on your linked web page? The dealers I know list the products they sell on their sites. (Even if they are out of stock.) For me, this calls into question your input.
    We sell mostly on the LE side of the house. Also, if you buy your commercial SIGs from distributors, you will not be listed on SIG's website.

We just re-did our website and are still adding manufacturers. It takes time.

We have all sorts of SIG pistols, long guns and NFA. Let me know if I can sell you something. ;-)

IMG_2169.jpgIMG_9935.jpg

C4

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hopetonbrown View Post
    OK, an LE qual tests whether or not one still has a pulse, and that's about it.

Glocks are pretty easy to shoot OK, hard to shoot really well.

I shoot Glock because they're reliable, easy to maintain, endless aftermarket support. I don't think changing to a Glock made by Sig is really going to matter much to me. Software over hardware and all that.

If you can't shoot at least a 90 on 10-10-10 you need to dry fire more, type less.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

90 is just passing. If you claim that you can shoot ANY gun "well" we need to see 95 and above! ;-)

C4

Feedback Score

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    We sell mostly on the LE side of the house. Also, if you buy your commercial SIGs from distributors, you will not be listed on SIG's website.

We just re-did our website and are still adding manufacturers. It takes time.

We have all sorts of SIG pistols, long guns and NFA. Let me know if I can sell you something. ;-)

IMG_2169.jpgIMG_9935.jpg

C4
    Makes sense.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    The P320C is mindnumbling easy to shoot well - if you suck with a 320, you REAAAALLY suck IMO.

The Glock is definitely different and not as intuitive for me personally to shoot when I first started - but I have the hang of it now and we work well together.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jimjc View Post
    Thousands of people have been shot with Glock triggers and are still doing it and Glock does nothing, that's a fact.
    . Guns are made for shooting people!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
    . Guns are made for shooting people!
    I don't think he can hear you.

I'm going to miss him, as least you knew he wasn't sucking up to the mods (read his post history).

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    I haven't shot a 320 yet but I dry fired one and was really impressed with the trigger.

"Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    I stumbled across a YT channel a couple months back run by a guy named John Lovell. He's a former Army Ranger, and now runs a firearms training company; Warrior Poet Society. He's got some great content, focusing largely on mindset, preparedness and tactics.

He'll delve into gear fairly often and seems to be fairly objective. In a recent live chat, someone had asked about his take on the Sig P320. His perspective is one that I've not seen much of anywhere else. It aligns with the recent posts in this thread which address the cost aspect; particularly in relation to the MHS contract.

The short version is that his lack of enthusiasm over the P320, and Sig in general, is that they're unnecessarily over-engineered. His estimation is that the (unnecessary) intricacies of the Sig design will pose some financial and operational challenges as the inventory ages. With it seeming like Sig is basically giving these guns away, that perspective may have some merit.

One almost wonders if Sig understands this future reality, and the bet all along is to make their money on the backend. It'd make sense. Especially given the long tenure of the M9.

IIRC, there was a conversation earlier in this thread comparing the complexity of parts between either Sig and Glock, or Sig and Beretta. So, anyone interested in hearing from someone else who shares that perspective can find the full video here. The Sig/P320 portion starts at the 7 minute mark.

If nothing else, his channel is one that's definitely worth checking out.
    "I actually managed to figure this one out: you've got to find a woman who loves God more than she loves you -- albeit just barely."

-Army Chief

I did not know the man quoted above, and joined this Forum after his passing. He seemed to be a leader of men; both spiritually and physically. Someone we'd all be proud to emulate.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kdubya View Post
    I stumbled across a YT channel a couple months back run by a guy named John Lovell. He's a former Army Ranger, and now runs a firearms training company; Warrior Poet Society. He's got some great content, focusing largely on mindset, preparedness and tactics.

He'll delve into gear fairly often and seems to be fairly objective. In a recent live chat, someone had asked about his take on the Sig P320. His perspective is one that I've not seen much of anywhere else. It aligns with the recent posts in this thread which address the cost aspect; particularly in relation to the MHS contract.

The short version is that his lack of enthusiasm over the P320, and Sig in general, is that they're unnecessarily over-engineered. His estimation is that the (unnecessary) intricacies of the Sig design will pose some financial and operational challenges as the inventory ages. With it seeming like Sig is basically giving these guns away, that perspective may have some merit.

One almost wonders if Sig understands this future reality, and the bet all along is to make their money on the backend. It'd make sense. Especially given the long tenure of the M9.

IIRC, there was a conversation earlier in this thread comparing the complexity of parts between either Sig and Glock, or Sig and Beretta. So, anyone interested in hearing from someone else who shares that perspective can find the full video here. The Sig/P320 portion starts at the 7 minute mark.

If nothing else, his channel is one that's definitely worth checking out.
    Yeah I’m a fan, although I hadn’t watched that one. I had no idea how complex it was, that’s kind of a bummer that I really haven’t seen discussed much compared to the Glock.

Sic semper tyrannis.

Page 103 of 109 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105 ... LastLast