Page 28 of 109 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig 320 vs Glock

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by southswede View Post
    Newington, NH (August 4, 2017) – In response to social media rumors questioning the safety of the P320 pistol, a variant of which was selected by the U.S. government as the U.S. Army’s Modular Handgun System (MHS), SIG SAUER, Inc. has full confidence in the reliability, durability and safety of its striker-fired handgun platform. There have been zero (0) reported drop-related P320 incidents in the U.S. commercial market, with hundreds of thousands of guns delivered to date.

The P320 meets and exceeds all U.S. standards for safety, including the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) and Sporting Arms and Ammunition Manufacturers’ Institute, Inc. (SAAMI), as well as rigorous testing protocols for global military and law enforcement agencies.

All SIG SAUER pistols incorporate effective mechanical safeties to ensure they only fire when the trigger is pressed. However, like any mechanical device, exposure to acute conditions (e.g. shock, vibration, heavy or repeated drops) may have a negative effect on these safety mechanisms and cause them to not work as designed. This language is common to owner’s manuals of major handgun manufacturers.

As a result, individual attempts to perform drop tests outside of professionally controlled environments should not be attempted.

“SIG SAUER is committed to producing only the finest products,” said Ron Cohen, President and CEO of SIG SAUER. “Safety and reliability have been and always will be paramount to the SIG SAUER brand.”

For more information on SIG SAUER, please visit us at sigsauer.com
    aka don't continually drop the gun until it eventually goes off.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    aka don't continually drop the gun until it eventually goes off.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    Except you don't have to worry about the P320 failing any drop test, unless you alter the gun.

http://www.tactical-life.com/news/si...pd/#sig-p320-2

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Ah, Swede beat me to it.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by southswede View Post
    Except you don't have to worry about the P320 failing any drop test, unless you alter the gun.

http://www.tactical-life.com/news/si...pd/#sig-p320-2
    Fake news strikes again ! Damn bloggers !

Feedback Score
    Oops. Repeatable in multiple guns. Developing . . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ch7si_VQsGA&t=60s

"Whatever it's for; it wasn't possible until now!!!" - KrampusArms

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post

Great video. Very interesting that the lighter trigger might be a solution to the problem. I also see Andrew mention the trigger tab Glock-type trigger blocker. This would seem to be another potential easy fix.

It will be interesting to see what SIG does with this information.
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Sig P320 fails drop test

Would I get rid of this pistol due to this failure? No, just as I didn't get rid of my VP9 after it failed some specific tests my VP9 very unlikely to suffer. If I was some HSLD type who may in fact find my pistol dunked in mud, bashed against a tree, etc., I probably wouldn't go with a VP9 as it does appear more sensitive to mud etc than other designs. Hence, when I see a failure of a gun, I try to keep in context it's intended use/role.

Would this test prevent me from buying a P320? Probably not, but it may give pause to some. It appears to be an easy fix for Sig too, so assuming they pay attention to it, just a matter of altering trigger weight. I can see why say a large PD or mil, etc might decide not to adopt this pistol after seeing that although it passes traditional drop tests, a quirk of the design does allow it to fire when dropped per vid, until Sig addressed that. Your mileage may differ.

- Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post

This is actually a fantastic and comprehensive video, and they came up with a solution for the problem. I have been skeptical of this deal the whole way so far until I saw actual proof of it failing a drop test.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    This is actually a fantastic and comprehensive video, and they came up with a solution for the problem. I have been skeptical of this deal the whole way so far until I saw actual proof of it failing a drop test.
    They have clearly supplied the proof it fails a non standard drop test that's a design specific issue, and an easy fix for Sig.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    They have clearly supplied the proof it fails a non standard drop test that's a design specific issue, and an easy fix for Sig.
    It very well should be. I am interested in seeing Sig's response especially after they pushed so much info against it failing the drop test out there.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Page 28 of 109 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast