Page 3 of 109 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig 320 vs Glock

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    I would argue that the SIG is probably more reliable (or at least not hitting people in the face with brace). Prices on 320's is also LESS than a Glock. The ability to change frames to match what your doing (for under $40) is awesome IMHO.

C4
    +1 for the Sig. it is a nice gun, besides the awesome looks compared to the Block... but I second the reliability it eats everything I feed it
    Using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    If I wasn't already HEAVILY invested in the GLOCK family (pistols, magazines, holsters, accessories, etc), I would start with the P320. I shot a P320 Compact 40 the other day, and the accuracy was exceptional. Can't compare the controllability in rapid fire apples-to-apples because I didn't have my G23 on hand to shoot side by side, but it wasn't terribly "flippy." Even with the sub-optimal factory NS, five shots into a single ragged, just above caliber hole at 7 yards was a pleasant "nice to meet you" group from a new pistol.

The trigger seemed lighter than any of my GLOCKs, and the reset is shorter, though not as "positive" as the GLOCK's reset. The grip (compact Medium) felt better in my hand than the G19 grip that I've logged well into 6 digits worth of rounds through in training over the last several decades.

The P320 is less "size efficient" than the Glock - for the same capacity, grip length is significantly longer with the Sig, and the Sig is heavier and wider than competitive GLOCK models. The GLOCK is INFINITELY easier to detail strip, and has a much simpler design, so it's much more suited to "tinkering" or in the field repair. The P320 has NOWHERE NEAR the aftermarket support that GLOCK has right now, but I predict that will change rapidly, especially if (when?) the P320 wins some of the "big name" government contracts for pistols currently on the market.

Hope those thoughts help!

Feedback Score
    If I correctly understand one of the major promoted benefits of the 320 is that the fire control group is the "FFL part." The grips, barrels, and slides are interchangeable without an FFL.

Is anyone switching things back and forth from grip sizes or calibers? Or, is it a pretty much one and done proposition?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jack crab View Post
    If I correctly understand one of the major promoted benefits of the 320 is that the fire control group is the "FFL part." The grips, barrels, and slides are interchangeable without an FFL.

Is anyone switching things back and forth from grip sizes or calibers? Or, is it a pretty much one and done proposition?
    I switch calibers, nice to have two guns in one. a lot cheaper. I go 40 to 9.
    Using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    You can change caliber / frame size / grip size / slide length... I have a P320c, then got a full size X-change kit for range/match use and finally a subcompact frame and mag for smallest concealment. Gun's are $500+/-, conversion kits are $319 (including night sights/mag/frame), and replacement grip modules are about $45. Mags can be had for $35 (all sizes). Not to mention with the conversion kit you can always scrounge spare parts if you need them.

Yes with the Glocks you can get a conversion barrel, parts if you need them (extractor/ejector/bearing) and mags. But I like the fact that I can go from subcompact/compact/carry/fullsize with a relatively small investment and keep everything consistent.

Just price a Glock slide, it's as much as the conversion kit!

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I've had a Glock 19 since 1994. Was issued a Glock 17 from 1994 to 1998. I have a weapons library at work with almost every caliber and size Glock they make. All that said I was issued the Sig 320CA at work about two months ago. I have never loved the Glock but you have to respect that is has set a standard over the years for a combat handgun. The 320 is a new kid on the block. I think the modular design has the potential to be revolutionary. The caliber xchange kits are expensive in my opinion but the ability to change the grip is a nice feature. Time will tell if the 320 can develop a reputation like the Glock 17/19. I personally prefer shooting the 320 over the Glock but everyone of us has an opinion. I don't think you can go wrong with either choice. Good luck, David
    Last edited by dwhitehorne; 11-20-15 at 17:25.

Feedback Score
    Comparing the two today and looking at the bore axis, they are complete opposites but I'm wondering if it's more perceived and not as big of an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rebelsooner View Post
    Comparing the two today and looking at the bore axis, they are complete opposites but I'm wondering if it's more perceived and not as big of an issue.

When actually shooting and manipulating the weapon its a non-issue.

Feedback Score
    A 70 page thread is too big and unwieldy to page through for specific comparison questions like this IMO.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    When actually shooting and manipulating the weapon its a non-issue.
    Thank you

Page 3 of 109 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast