Page 52 of 109 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig 320 vs Glock

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    So if any one else like the OP is still on the fence between these two I'd wait until at least Sept 1st to make your decision. The Sig should be fixed by then and the gun recently shown at the Oklahoma Sheriff's Conference from the other company should be released and available for order.

Feedback Score
    I'm a Sig Lover, and freely admit it. My son and I own P320s. I carry mine almost every day. As of this point in time I'll probably put the P320 on house gun duty, and carry my P229 Legion. I've always preferred the feel of a hammer fired gun, until the P320 came out. It's the first striker fired gun that felt good in my hands, and had a good trigger feel. I'm sure Sig will get the issue resolved.

Here is what I would like to know:

1- Have any other striker fire guns been tested in this way, and if so, what were the results?
    2- Am I the only one that noticed that the guy hit the gun so hard that a piece of the hammer he was using chipped off?
    I know of no safe depository of the ultimate powers of the society but the people themselves; and if we think them not enlightened enough to exercise their control with a wholesome discretion, the remedy is not to take it from them but to inform their discretion.

Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HwyKnight View Post
    I'm a Sig Lover, and freely admit it. My son and I own P320s. I carry mine almost every day. As of this point in time I'll probably put the P320 on house gun duty, and carry my P229 Legion. I've always preferred the feel of a hammer fired gun, until the P320 came out. It's the first striker fired gun that felt good in my hands, and had a good trigger feel. I'm sure Sig will get the issue resolved.

1- Have any other striker fire guns been tested in this way, and if so, what were the results?
    2- Am I the only one that noticed that the guy hit the gun so hard that a piece of the hammer he was using chipped off?
    I also noticed he was whacking the crap out of that 320 with the hammer. It probably still shouldn't go off though. That did seem a little excessive and not normal abuse a gun would encounter.

I am going to wait until SIG's plan is revealed on Monday to see if they are gonna handle this correctly. I do think they have known about this issue for quite awhile and I find that troubling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Retired Army Infantry

Feedback Score
    I've also wondered the same thing. Is this issue just exclusive to the P320?

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewell View Post
    I've also wondered the same thing. Is this issue just exclusive to the P320?
    Currently yes. People have been dropping G19s next to the P320s and they don't go off.

Mr Langdon dropped his personal, tricked out Beretta 92G and no bang.

Have fun storming the castle.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I know in the military guns get banged around a lot. It's not very easy to climb in and out of an up armored Humvee with a pistol on your hip. The fact that I can fire one holstered if there's an impact on the top of the pistol is completely unsatisfactory. Sig needs to issue an official safety warning and tell people not to carry or shoot their guns until fixed. Full stop.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    I know that asking for the moon is a ploy to get a decent settlement.
    And I know Sig is culpable.
    But I am so freaking tired of the 'it's not an accident, it is an opportunity' mindset.
    I don't know if $6M is asking for the moon. I deal with liability at my job and reasonable estimates of future medical costs for someone with 30+ years to live become amazingly large numbers.

Here, you've got a guy who was 34, presumably very fit, and on the department's SWAT team ("Sheperis, a 34-year-old member of the department's Special Response Team, underwent multiple surgeries and is back on light duty, although more surgeries may be required, according to his attorney, Jeffrey Bagnell of Westport."). Getting shot in the leg close to the knee is probably going to permanently impair his running and walking, and that's career-changing for someone with the described attributes.

Having had two family members killed by an idiot drunk (no firearms involved, and not a product defect case) I can tell you that literally no amount of money is enough to compensate you when someone else's gross negligence hurts you and permanently alters your life. I don't know what dollar amount is right in this case. But I'll ask, if you were 34, fit and in a physical job that you liked, and had your mobility permanently impaired due to someone else's negligence, how much money would you want as compensation? Before you answer, think about your altered career path, your recreation and travel opportunities, and the chances that you might now be using a walker or wheelchair in your 60's when you otherwise wouldn't have needed one ever. (Hypothetically.)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HwyKnight View Post

Other SA striker guns can drop their strikers, but the striker block safety always works.

The P320 is a uniquely bad design because it uses a lot of interacting, rotating parts (rather than sliding parts). Those rotating parts offer more opportunities for outside impacts to rotate the parts out of their proper orientation and remove spring pressure from the trigger. No one else makes a gun like this.

It is frankly just an amateurish design by people who didn't know what they were doing. They didn't realize why no one else makes a gun like that and they went down the rabbits hole without even comprehensively testing for inadvertent problems caused by the wacky, complex design.

Maybe this wouldn't have happened if they started with a clean state, but they tried to turn a hammer fired gun into a striker gun and they failed.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Gödel View Post
    Other SA striker guns can drop their strikers, but the striker block safety always works.

The P320 is a uniquely bad design because it uses a lot of interacting, rotating parts (rather than sliding parts). Those rotating parts offer more opportunities for outside impacts to rotate the parts out of their proper orientation and remove spring pressure from the trigger. No one else makes a gun like this.

It is frankly just an amateurish design by people who didn't know what they were doing. They didn't realize why no one else makes a gun like that and they went down the rabbits hole without even comprehensively testing for inadvertent problems caused by the wacky, complex design.

Maybe this wouldn't have happened if they started with a clean state, but they tried to turn a hammer fired gun into a striker gun and they failed.
    Thanks, I understand a lot more about this issue now. I read about the hammer-to-striker conversion, but not the details on it. Now, no trigger blade saftey and no striker block either? "Oiy vey" comes to mind. What egos.
    * Just Your Average Jewish Redneck *
    Participant in Year-Long Gun Fighting Training Program
    Competition Shooter in NRA, CMP, IDPA
    Past part-time sales at national firearms retailer, Never came close to breaking even!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Gödel View Post

Well, if that is correct, and Sig can't or won't fix it, then I'll just go back to hammer fired DA/SA Sig models. It's really quite sad, the P320 is a great gun to shoot. As I mentioned before, it's the only striker fire gun that I liked.
    I know of no safe depository of the ultimate powers of the society but the people themselves; and if we think them not enlightened enough to exercise their control with a wholesome discretion, the remedy is not to take it from them but to inform their discretion.

Thomas Jefferson

Page 52 of 109 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102 ... LastLast