Page 59 of 109 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig 320 vs Glock

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Talon167 View Post
    Ever tried the HK LEM system? Best of both worlds, IMO.
    No, I haven't.

Feedback Score
    Did someone take a poll on whether or not the Beretta was "well liked"? I missed it. I love the Beretta. It was (and is) a fantastic sidearm. It did its job. In over 20 years I saw one, ONE, instance of a Beretta fail. Some kid was cleaning it on the bench in the DSESTS van and could not get the slide back on. I was watching him (and a movie on my laptop) and I finally told him to give it to me. Dammed if I couldn't get the slide on either. Then I noticed a very bent guide rod. Showed him, and then told him to find the armorer and get a new one.

The Beretta is an awesome sidearm. Sure it was 70's tech, but it worked. Is it time to get something newer? Possibly.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mbinky View Post
    Did someone take a poll on whether or not the Beretta was "well liked"? I missed it. I love the Beretta. It was (and is) a fantastic sidearm. It did its job. In over 20 years I saw one, ONE, instance of a Beretta fail. Some kid was cleaning it on the bench in the DSESTS van and could not get the slide back on. I was watching him (and a movie on my laptop) and I finally told him to give it to me. Dammed if I couldn't get the slide on either. Then I noticed a very bent guide rod. Showed him, and then told him to find the armorer and get a new one.

The Beretta is an awesome sidearm. Sure it was 70's tech, but it worked. Is it time to get something newer? Possibly.
    Only once? We had 3 pistols for everyone on the team (Glock 19, M9, and 1911A1). Of those the Glocks were by far shot the most and did in fact have stoppages and broken parts. The M9s were old (like most), but shot much less frequently. Of the 13 on the team - EIGHT suffered frame cracks or broken locking blocks. This mirrors my experience in the conventional Army. Yes, they are good guns and you can shoot them very well. Are they due for replacement? Yes, they are old, poorly maintained, and vastly outdated.

That said, a sidearm is not going to make a difference whatsoever in any actual conflict. We can't even get most of the Army to shoot M4s with ACOGs well.

Rick

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    No, I haven't.
    Well, then.... I'd recommend you do so. The trigger always stays forward however, the hammer spring is always compressed... so to get the trigger back to the wall you're only 'fighting' the trigger return spring, which is virtually nothing. Then you hit the wall and it's a ~4.5lb pull. Let the trigger out to the normal reset point and you're back at it. A hammer fired pistol that doesn't need a manual safety and every pull is the same.

Anyway, I digress.

Quote Originally Posted by mbinky View Post

A 92FS was the first pistol I ever bought. I didn't know much about guns at the time but knew John McClain and Martin Riggs wouldn't steer me wrong! It was my only pistol for a long time so I have ~16k through it and it's always run well. I don't shoot it much anymore because I have others I like better. Would I buy one again? Probably not (unless they made an M93 SAO with frame mounted safety, but they never will), but I won't be selling it and it's been a solid pistol.
    Last edited by Talon167; 08-13-17 at 08:31.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Updated trigger parts drop test

https://youtu.be/25bdr264Dyo

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Tokarev; 08-13-17 at 10:03.
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Updated trigger parts drop test

https://youtu.be/25bdr264Dyo

This test should have had a loaded magazine (inert rounds of course) or a weighted dummy magazine inserted into the dropped gun. Dropping without that added mass the, test is flawed, IMHO.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggy View Post
    This test should have had a loaded magazine (inert rounds of course) or a weighted dummy magazine inserted into the dropped gun. Dropping without that added mass the, test is flawed, IMHO.
    Nah, you always have time to remove a loaded magazine before you drop a handgun, as well as engage any manual safeties.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Maybe. But then someone would complain that SIG used a weight that simulated 124gr and not 147 or they'd complain that SIG didn't use a WML. Or they didn't use a 45 ACP or a subcompact.

This is just one video showing a few drops with a few guns and we have no idea what SIG has done "behind the scene." Did they drop various pistols in various sizes over and over again? Let's hope so....

“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    It says in the video description "Magazines were weighted with dummy rounds!"

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
    If you can't win a gun fight against a lightly-trained individual during broad daylight with 88 rounds of 30-06, I'm not sure you'd be able to do it with... any other firearm.
    -Fjallhrafn
    Ok, I've got an El Camino full of rampage here, so what's the plan?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    The trigger in the video looks [externally] like the one Sig submitted for the Army contract.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Page 59 of 109 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast