Page 68 of 109 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig 320 vs Glock

Feedback Score
    "In the meantime, your SIG SAUER pistol is safe to carry and use as originally configured from the factory."

Of course it is, because otherwise it would be called a 'recall'.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gödel View Post
    "In the meantime, your SIG SAUER pistol is safe to carry and use as originally configured from the factory."

Of course it is, because otherwise it would be called a 'recall'.
    Sure seems contradictory to the way they should be doing it. I'd think the corporate lawyers would be demanding for a full blown recall.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Just received via email:
    As you may have heard, last week SIG SAUER published a press release concerning the P320. They noted “dropping the P320 beyond U.S. standards for safety may cause an unintentional discharge.” We independently evaluated the information, and there is some merit to claims that some P320s may unintentionally discharge after being dropped at a specific angle.

Our records indicate you have purchased either a straight or curved version of our Practical Enhanced Leverage Trigger (PELT) for the P320.

Stock P320s with our trigger installed may still unintentionally discharge if dropped at an angle not tested as part of the accepted standards as defined by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) / Sporting Arms Ammunition Manufacturers’ Institute, Inc. (SAAMI), or National Institute of Justice (NIJ).

On Monday, SIG SAUER announced details about their voluntary upgrade program. The program includes installation of an alternate design that reduces the physical weight of the trigger, sear, and striker while additionally adding a mechanical disconnector.

Grayguns suggests you send your P320 to SIG SAUER for the voluntary upgrade.

Prior to sending the gun, remove your Grayguns trigger and include the stock trigger in the package sent to SIG SAUER. Retain your Grayguns trigger.

Our team - in consultation with our engineering partners at SIG SAUER - is working to develop an alternative design that will be compatible with your upgraded P320 and provide you with the same value you received from Grayguns when you made your original purchase of the PELT. As this process will take some time to research, develop, and test, we thank you in advance for your patience.

Remember, consequences for the handling or misuse of any firearm are the operator’s sole responsibility. Safe gun handling practices should be practiced at all times. Never rely upon any mechanical device for your safety.

Details concerning the SIG SAUER P320 voluntary upgrade program are available online.

If you have any questions, you can contact Grayguns via email.

Regards,

Bruce Gray
    President, Grayguns
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Just received via email:

Could one of these guys stop the shit show? I mean seriously.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Sure seems contradictory to the way they should be doing it. I'd think the corporate lawyers would be demanding for a full blown recall.

I think that the use of the word "recall" has some legal ramifications that make the process even more expensive. You have to make an effort to track down your customers, the upgraded parts have to on hand essentially forever, etc. I can see why companies might wish to avoid everything that goes into a recall. But I don't think they should be so cavalier about the potential danger just because only one guy has been shot so far.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I think that the use of the word "recall" has some legal ramifications that make the process even more expensive. You have to make an effort to track down your customers, the upgraded parts have to on hand essentially forever, etc. I can see why companies might wish to avoid everything that goes into a recall. But I don't think they should be so cavalier about the potential danger just because only one guy has been shot so far.
    I don't doubt that's true and my empathy for them still as zero. Make it right, as fast as you can, and move on. Doing as they are is short sighted and will cost them far more long term if they continue to waffle.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Sig 320 vs Glock

Yes it would make it very expensive. Because then they HAVE to fix every pistol. No questions asked get it done. It also opens the door for a potential issue with lawsuits. (Like the one they already have) They also are scared to death to screw up the xm17 because that is going to help cover the screw up. I am assuming the actual turn in is going to be low.

This plain and simple should be a recall. Every gun out there needs to be fixed. Shit happens, it is that simple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    I don't doubt that's true and my empathy for them still as zero. Make it right, as fast as you can, and move on. Doing as they are is short sighted and will cost them far more long term if they continue to waffle.
    I feel pretty much the same - but I have found every SIG USA designed product wholly ridiculous and their quality spotty. Not a company that I would assume would go above and beyond for anything when they can't consistently make a 40 year old gun design reliably. But they have embraced the Cohen/Kimber pump out the flashy crap philosophy and had great success with it because people no longer care about much of anything besides the availability of a picatinny rail and how light the trigger feels.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Posted over at PF.

A guy back in Feb '16 dropped his P320 45 and it went off... of course no one believed him at the time...
    IMG_2154.jpg

IMG_2155.jpg

received_10102854605679507.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by RHINOWSO; 08-15-17 at 18:29.

Feedback Score
    Makes you wonder how many drop fires there have been. There's got to be a fair number of people that would simply assume that a dropped gun would go off and not even contact SIG if it happened.

I hope this gentleman could at least make a buck as a material witness in the Stamford lawsuit.

Page 68 of 109 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast