Page 7 of 109 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig 320 vs Glock

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by azeriosu85 View Post
    no need to be an ass about it. Appreciate your passionate opinion.
    High Altitude presented the correct answer about Glocks.

Other guns have other drop safety designs and my guess is the 320 does as well but I don't know what it is.
    "Whatever it's for; it wasn't possible until now!!!" - KrampusArms

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Texaspoff View Post
    I agree with the take down lever, so much so I had one modified to resolve the issue.
    Did he just mill off the top/add the grooves and refinish? Wondering since I like that change and have a Bridgeport sitting in the garage.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Pretty much the firing pin (striker) plunger serves that purpose on the 320/glock/m&P/series 80 etc.. I think the intent of it was a muzzle down fall causing enough inertia to strike and ignite a primer. That's why you'll see titanium firing pins and extra power springs in non series 80 1911's usually. I think the only guns I have that don't have some sort of firing pin block is my Baer and S/A 1911's.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nova3930 View Post
    Did he just mill off the top/add the grooves and refinish? Wondering since I like that change and have a Bridgeport sitting in the garage.
    That is exactly what was done, along with a slight radius on the side facing the hand. Pretty straight forward if you have the equipment for it. Made a world of difference for me. I have an index point for my thumb, but the sharp edges don't beat it to death anymore.

TXPO
    Last edited by Texaspoff; 12-01-15 at 09:43.
    Cerified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer
    NRA/LE Firearms Instructor
    ColdBoreCustom.com

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Every time some new polymer wonder gun gets released, the usual suspects always point to Glock and says "Haha, it (M&P, VP9, XD...) does this and this and this better than Glock" but they never top Glock in production numbers, sales, LE issue figures, or anything. Their only reference to how it is better is pointing to top name instructors who get the guns for free.

Someone wake me up when there is a $400 G19 sized 9mm polymer framed gun that I can find spare parts kits for at literally every gun shop in America, magazines on the cheap, and an aftermarket following that borders on fanaticism.

But even then, it will only be tied with a $400 G19.

ETA: Ryno, you're up...
    Last edited by Eurodriver; 12-01-15 at 10:00.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Every time some new polymer wonder gun gets released, the usual suspects always point to Glock and says "Haha, it (M&P, VP9, XD...) does this and this and this better than Glock" but they never top Glock in production numbers, sales, LE issue figures, or anything. Their only reference to how it is better is pointing to top name instructors who get the guns for free.

Someone wake me up when there is a $400 G19 sized 9mm polymer framed gun that I can find spare parts kits for at literally every gun shop in America, magazines on the cheap, and an aftermarket following that borders on fanaticism.

But even then, it will only be tied with a $400 G19.

ETA: Ryno, you're up...
    Glock has a long standing strong hold. What will help SIG gain a much larger piece of the pie (at least LE) is an FBI contract. As an avid Glock collector and shooter, I like the 320 better than the Glock. Random checking barrel hood to slide fit tells me that it is a more accurate gun than the Glock is.

C4

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    And at one point, nothing had overtaken the S&W revolver as the service weapon of choice. Past results do not guarantee future returns

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    The 320 has things going for it that appeal to me. It certainly has potential and that's something I've never attributed to M&P, XD, VP9, etc. I like that there are no finger grooves. I like the rail. I like the front and rear dovetail sights. I like the grip angle. I like that it is modular, and although I haven't seen it in person I would obviously appreciate it being more accurate than a stock Glock.

The issue, and it has been this way for at least 10 years, is that for someone/an agency so heavily invested in Glocks what do any of these new polymer guns offer that is worth the transition expense? I suppose I view this differently than the average gun owner who buys one of everything (The only pistols I own are Glock 19s) but since this is indeed a Glock vs Sig 320 thread so things such as this are acceptable to say - what is the benefit to the end user going with a Sig 320 right now? Slightly better accuracy? You can buy two G19 magazines for the price of one 320 magazine. It doesn't make sense yet. I'm not even a huge department and if I were to transition to Sig I'd have to spend thousands getting new holsters, threaded barrels, guns, magazines, etc for little practical benefit. If you have neither and are starting from scratch, you don't have that initial outlay of costs but kind of have to hope the 320 doesn't end up like the M&P series.

I am not closed minded despite what Ryno thinks. In all seriousness, I hope the 320 really takes off because it's win win for the consumer. Glock will have to get its head out of its ass and start making quality kit and becoming more innovative, or the Sig 320 will take over and it will have cheap magazines, holsters, and spare parts at every gun store in America...then I will own them. But only then.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    Yep, it's also ergonomically better, not just in grip feel, but overall operation.

I dont need to advocate for it anymore, FBI contract aside, the global demand from mil/le
    is already staggering, the contract (when it happens) will just accelerate the time frame.

IL (formely the worst damn state in the nation, but no more. Thank You New York.)
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The reasons I just went out and bought a 320 Compact last night.......
    (and a little related history)....

1) I'm a geezer who shot 1911s for several decades - and loved the platform.
    2) I could shoot 1911s VERY well, but wanted more ammo capacity and less recoil (arthritis).
    3) I tried an early M&P 9, must have gotten the batch with piss poor accuracy (and a few other issues). Sold it.
    4) I eventually got to the point where I felt that overall, the Glock 17 was a better all-around combat weapon, so started attempting a transition 8-10 years back. My EDC is a Glock 26.
    5) For a variety of reasons, I fall into the "Glocks shoot low or left" crowd - AND THAT HAS ALWAYS PISSED ME OFF TO NO END!!!!!! NO other weapon I own or have owned has done that. And while some will say it is a user problem, as a (forensic) scientist, I am convinced that there is a design component to the low/left problem.
    6) After I read the second or third review stating that the 320 solved the low/left issue for many longtime Glock shooters - I KNEW I had to try one.
    Am now waiting for our idiotic 3-day waiting period to finish so I can pick it up and head out shooting this weekend. I will gladly trade increased bore height/muzzle flip for a gun that shoots where I point the damn thing:)
    Will keep you updated.

geezer john
    jmoore (aka - geezer john)

"The state that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools." Thucydides

Page 7 of 109 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast