Page 73 of 109 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig 320 vs Glock

Feedback Score
    Not that it matters (statistically or otherwise) but the Omani military has selected the Beretta 92 as it's new handgun. What's interesting to me is that the Beretta 92 was selected in a world awash with polymer-framed striker-fired guns - in a country that's mostly desert.

http://www.janes.com/article/70673/o...ta-92fs-pistol

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    Not that it matters (statistically or otherwise) but the Omani military has selected the Beretta 92 as it's new handgun. What's interesting to me is that the Beretta 92 was selected in a world awash with polymer-framed striker-fired guns - in a country that's mostly desert.

Clearly, no one in Oman has the experience of working at a gun store.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post

I have always been a big fan of the 92 series.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    For me, and I believe for most people, the DA/SA pistols take longer to master and shoot well than most striker pistols. I prefer compact sized pistols so the full sized 92 is larger than I care for. The grip on the 92 is also larger and thicker than I care for. For me, other than that it is a fine pistol.

Feedback Score
    The GAO report says the Glock is the more reliable pistol, full stop, end of story.

I got 99 problems with a Glock but stoppages ain't one of them...

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Labayu View Post
    The GAO report says the Glock is the more reliable pistol, full stop, end of story.

I got 99 problems with a Glock but stoppages ain't one of them...
    I don't suppose you have a link for that.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjallhrafn View Post
    I don't suppose you have a link for that.
    But the GAO describes Sig Sauer 320 as having lower reliability than Glock 19 on page 11, footnote 13 of its findings.

"Under the factor 1 reliability evaluation, Sig Sauer's full-sized handgun had a higher stoppage rate than Glock's handgun, and there may have been other problems with the weapon's accuracy," GAO states.

To Dorsey, that "says it all."

"When you have stuff in the GAO report that says their stoppage rate is higher than ours — that's a problem," Dorsey said.

http://www.businessinsider.com/glock...is-best-2017-7

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Linebacker View Post
    But the GAO describes Sig Sauer 320 as having lower reliability than Glock 19 on page 11, footnote 13 of its findings.

"Under the factor 1 reliability evaluation, Sig Sauer's full-sized handgun had a higher stoppage rate than Glock's handgun, and there may have been other problems with the weapon's accuracy," GAO states.

"When you have stuff in the GAO report that says their stoppage rate is higher than ours — that's a problem," Dorsey said.

I see.

Here is a link to Footnote 13: Link.

And the text of footnote 13: "Under the factor 1 reliability evaluation, Sig Sauer’s full-sized handgun had a higher stoppage rate than Glock’s handgun, and there may have been other problems with the weapon’s accuracy. AR, Tab 3, SSDD, at 12. Due to the Army’s redactions of the agency report, the results of Sig Sauer’s compact handgun test are unknown."

Makes it sound like the Army is trying to cover up potential problems with the P320.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Linebacker View Post

With the attached article, I found it interesting that the Army decided to only test to 12,500 rds. If my memory serves, the Army took the M9 to 30,000 or 35,000 rounds in their testing of the Beretta.

Also, how can you determine overall system cost if you are only testing to 12,500 rounds especially if you are expecting a 25,000 round service life?

Feedback Score
    P320 over ANY Glock ANY day!
    I would rather own a defective P320 than a Glock!
    Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools, that don't have brains enough to be honest.

Page 73 of 109 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast