Page 78 of 109 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig 320 vs Glock

Feedback Score
    I signed up for the Sig upgrade on both of my manual safety P320 compact 9mms. I called Sig just to get an idea when they thought the shipping labels might start to the public, I was told by Sig Oct / Nov and I think to be honest that is very optimistic.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I didn't call call because Im going to wait a year and figure out what really needs to be done. Im expecting a much easier fix, i.e. trigger company suggest the XYZ trigger that won't go bang. It shouldn't be that hard. A free market economy fixes such gross needs in time better than one Manufactuerer playing into the hands of lawyers and competitors.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    I gave up on my 320 after intermittent FTE issue failed to go away. I traded it for a bunch of ammo.
    So then, what is your go-to 9mm now then. Before the drop issue, I absolutely loved my 320. I don’t trust it anymore as if I caught it sleeping with a three dollar hooker.

I’m trying to get with the times and embrace plastic strikers. This catastrophic failure by Sig even has me looking at Glocks for the first time.

Will Brink has me really considering the HK VP9.

I’m just wanting a full-size or carry size 9mm in case I decide to start shooting competition again, and or use it for a camping – traveling companion.

In a way, Sig has done me a favor as I’ve taken my fanboy glasses off and started looking at other options. I’m not in any hurry right now, as I’m waiting to see what the fix is and how long it’s going to take. I could very well pull the eject handle and punch out on any new Sig designs over this.
    U.S. Army vet. -- Retired 25 year LEO.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Det-Sog View Post
    So then, what is your go-to 9mm now then. Before the drop issue, I absolutely loved my 320. I don’t trust it anymore as if I caught it sleeping with a three dollar hooker.

I’m trying to get with the times and embrace plastic strikers. This catastrophic failure by Sig even has me looking at Glocks for the first time.

I’m just wanting a full-size or carry size 9mm in case I decide to start shooting competition again, and or use it for a camping – traveling companion.

In a way, Sig has done me a favor as I’ve taken my fanboy glasses off and started looking at other options. I’m not in any hurry right now, as I’m waiting to see what the fix is and how long it’s going to take. I could very well pull the eject handle and punch out on any new Sig designs over this.
    The more strikers I try the more I realize I'll never find a pistol that works better for me than my 228. Especially since it shares mags with my duty gun, a 226 SSE.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)

I have several friends that are skilled trainers who's opinions I value. Both run VP9's.

ETA: And with Black Friday coming up, you will likely be able to grab one for under $500 shipped.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    I have several friends that are skilled trainers who's opinions I value. Both run VP9's.

ETA: And with Black Friday coming up, you will likely be able to grab one for under $500 shipped.
    PSA had the VP9 priced at $450 shipped last year for Black Friday. Right now, they have one with a threaded barrel and night sights for $550 shipped. I wouldn't be surprised if they ran the same, or better, sale this year during the holidays.
    "I actually managed to figure this one out: you've got to find a woman who loves God more than she loves you -- albeit just barely."

-Army Chief

I did not know the man quoted above, and joined this Forum after his passing. He seemed to be a leader of men; both spiritually and physically. Someone we'd all be proud to emulate.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kdubya View Post
    PSA had the VP9 priced at $450 shipped last year for Black Friday. Right now, they have one with a threaded barrel and night sights for $550 shipped. I wouldn't be surprised if they ran the same, or better, sale this year during the holidays.
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post

The VP9 is an excellent SF 9mm. The magazine promotion (4 free mags ($120-140 value) ends Sept. 30).
    Colt > BCM

Feedback Score
    Glock. I value the fact that I don't need a gunsmith to completely break down and replace parts on the pistol. And it won't go off if I don't pull the trigger. And they're cheap and parts are everywhere. And if you learn it's trigger its as accurate as any pistol on the market. And...

Feedback Score
    I find it somewhat hard to believe that so many people are bailing on the 320 over this issue, without knowing what the final outcome will be.

I mean, giving you the benefit of the doubt, you must have had good reasons to buy it in the first place, none of which was changed by this issue except reliability, which will be taken care of at no charge.

To each his own. Mine's not going anywhere at this point. I still feel it's as good as anything else and better than most.
    US NAVY
    1961-1965

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have a P320C and I'm not happy about the drop issue - especially that Sig may have known about it all along and opted not to say anything about it. I had high hopes that it would become my EDC but that's highly unlikely at this point. I'm going to wait for the dust to clear before sending my pistol in for the "voluntary recall". In the meanwhile I've picked up a new Gen5 G19 and will be carrying it.

As far as the VP9 goes, it's a great pistol. I love the trigger and the ergonomics are very good but I'm not comfortable tearing it down and repairing / replacing parts as I am with Glock. I'll probably get a VP9 at some point but for now I'm sticking with what I know.
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Page 78 of 109 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast