Page 81 of 109 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig 320 vs Glock

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Why is that your sig line? I think that's the stupidest thing he could've said regarding the situation.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Why is that your sig line? I think that's the stupidest thing he could've said regarding the situation.
    Because if you say something that stupid you get to own it for a while. I guess I should explain it better but I assumed the stupidity of the statement stands on its own.

I have a love hate relationship with Sig.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ski View Post
    Because if you say something that stupid you get to own it for a while. I guess I should explain it better but I assumed the stupidity of the statement stands on its own.

I have a love hate relationship with Sig.
    That makes more sense. From your post it seemed like you were a big fan, so I was trying to figure out how that statement was being used in a positive light.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ski View Post
    I got my upgraded 320 yesterday. Regardless if you may feel the issue is over hyped(hint: it’s not) I would urge you to send your gun in because the trigger you get back is better. Shorter take up, cleaner/crisper break, more positive reset and without pulling out a guage it feels lighter. This was the unanimous opinion of everyone at the shop and we had many unconverted guns to compare it too. Better trigger and you won’t shoot yourself or the guy next to you if you encounter a unicorn of circumstances.
    If that is indeed the case, then I will look into that.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by crusader377 View Post
    I personally think there is absolutely no reason to buy a Sig P320 due to the debacle around this gun. Fact is there are way too many other good options on the market to even bother looking at the SIG. For striker fired alone, one can buy a Glock, M&P, Walther PPQ, HK, Beretta APX, CZ P10, etc... that don't fire when dropped. Yes SIG may be trying to fix the problem but if they brought a gun to market with such clear defects, one must ask, What other problems does the gun have?
    Arn't you just too dramatic about Sig and the P320. You say that the "320 had such clear defects" not true the p320 passed all testing in the commercial market and by the military, that's a fact. The Sig "MAY drop fire" when you set up some ridicules tests and it doesn't drop fire all the time when you do these BS tests.

You have a million times more of a chance of getting killed in a car wreck than getting injured by a drop fire P320. In fact the likely hood of you getting injured by a drop fire P320 is 0.0008%, you have more of a chance of brushing your teeth and swallowing the tooth brush and choking to death.

Sig has acknowledged the issue and has determined the upgrade and implemented it at no cost, thats zero cost to the gun owner, that's far greater than any other gun company has done. Look at Remington lots of people killed over years with the 700 rifle, they didn't do anything about it for many years, Glock was famous for getting many people shot in their legs, Glock has never even acknowledged it, lots of people have got eye injured with hot cases being ejected in their eyes, on and on and on.

Lastly there millions of revolvers that drop fire no matter how you drop then and many of which are shot at ranges all over this country. So let not make this more of a problem than it is....

Lastly this is a 2 edge sword, since the P320 drop issue made some detractors of Sig a issue, there will be far more of crazy tests in the future of all guns from these nuts to have there 15 minutes in the sunlight. My bet is many guns will end up having problems with their striker fired triggers.
    Last edited by jimjc; 10-29-17 at 11:11.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Ok. Drop issue fixed.

P320 is still a basic ass striker fired pistol not worth ditching the G19s, mags, and holsters that I own.

Next issue?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Ok. Drop issue fixed.

P320 is still a basic ass striker fired pistol not worth ditching the G19s, mags, and holsters that I own.

Next issue?

Hey if you like what what you have who's to tell you different not me

I've owned Glocks and the 19, in as much as I think the 19 is all right gun since Glock ironed out the problems and yes they had many problems with the Gen 3 and the 4's, I know... The Sig P320 is a superior gun in most every way.

The Sig is considerably different..... from the superior trigger to the future in guns "modularity. The 320 has a stainless steel slide, Glocks are a mystery metal and Glock won't tell you what it's made of.....the 320 FCU is also all Stainless steel..... The parts inside are all of higher quality than Glocks. And guess what it's cheaper to. So as I see it it's either the Sig is a real provable buy or the Glock is way over priced.

I have a P320, One FCU, one extra slide barrel and I have 3 guns a full sized and a compact and a sub compact about $900 invested and 3 different guns...ALL WITH THE EXACT SAME TRIGGER. It's hard to beat, so hard you can't...

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    You mentioned all these things, but none of it matters to shooters. How does the P320 kill people better than a G19? Is it faster? More accurate?

Admittedly, I didn’t ask you this but there is something about all of these xxxx vs. Glock threads that I’ve never seen answered.

Why should I switch?

I haven’t shot a pistol that isn’t a G19 (other than a G43 and a murdery ass 22/45 with a can) in almost 5 years. I’m solely and heavily invested in the G19. I’ve probably got $500 just in holsters, and am on the wrong side of 40 G19 magazines.

Unless I can pick up a bone stock P320 or VP9 or M&P and shoot it faster, more precisely, and reload it more quickly than a G19 why bother entertaining any of the G19s competitors? Does the slide material make any difference on the first shot time out of a holster? Splits? Hell, is anyone grouping rounds at 150 yards under 10” consistently?

That would certainly pique my interest. As it sits - nothing does. I could understand if you didn’t own any handguns and wanted to get into the game the field offers quite a bit of options and the P320 looks pretty good. But for someone who’s already got something - how is it better?

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Ok. Drop issue fixed.

Next issue?
    I almost agree, but the ability to throw that trigger into different frames (or platforms entirely, pretty sure I saw a sub gun designed to take the FCG) is still huge to me and sets the Sig in a completely different category than anything else out there.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    You mentioned all these things, but none of it matters to shooters. How does the P320 kill people better than a G19? Is it faster? More accurate?

Admittedly, I didn’t ask you this but there is something about all of these xxxx vs. Glock threads that I’ve never seen answered.

Why should I switch?

I haven’t shot a pistol that isn’t a G19 (other than a G43 and a murdery ass 22/45 with a can) in almost 5 years. I’m solely and heavily invested in the G19. I’ve probably got $500 just in holsters, and am on the wrong side of 40 G19 magazines.

Unless I can pick up a bone stock P320 or VP9 or M&P and shoot it faster, more precisely, and reload it more quickly than a G19 why bother entertaining any of the G19s competitors? Does the slide material make any difference on the first shot time out of a holster? Splits? Hell, is anyone grouping rounds at 150 yards under 10” consistently?

That would certainly pique my interest. As it sits - nothing does. I could understand if you didn’t own any handguns and wanted to get into the game the field offers quite a bit of options and the P320 looks pretty good. But for someone who’s already got something - how is it better?

Yes I see, I'd stick to what you have, as you say. Guns are either a hobby, a necessity or both. I consider them to be both. I need them for defense and I enjoy having well crafted guns abet less craftsmanship now than there used to be....I customize them and make them my own while increasing their performance.

I never get entrenched in any one gun company any more, that said I'm deep into CZ's and Sig's and Ruger 22's, AR15's now.

As far as 150 yes. are concerned there are alternatives to get accuracy but it doesn't include regular handguns of any model.
    Last edited by jimjc; 10-29-17 at 15:13.

Page 81 of 109 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast