Page 88 of 109 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig 320 vs Glock

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Which of these pistols listed above requires the user to pull the trigger on an in-battery slide to disassemble?

That's somewhat beside the point because best practices for safe handling would require you to clear the weapon before disassembly anyway.

Feedback Score
    Which of these pistols listed above requires the user to pull the trigger on an in-battery slide to disassemble?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    Which one of those discharges when you drop it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
    If you can't win a gun fight against a lightly-trained individual during broad daylight with 88 rounds of 30-06, I'm not sure you'd be able to do it with... any other firearm.
    -Fjallhrafn
    Ok, I've got an El Camino full of rampage here, so what's the plan?

Feedback Score
    The same guys that harp on having to pull the trigger to disassemble the Glock probably do dry-fire training. You have to clear your pistol correctly before cleaning and dry-fire. Drop it already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Retired Army Infantry

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jimjc View Post
    Isn't it strange that Glock leg never existed before Glocks...No it's the guns triggers fault without that Glock trigger it would never have happened. It never happened to HK owners who originated the striker fired guns far before Glock. Glock came out with a new fangled trigger that required special handling and accidents happened many times because of the trigger, with a different trigger it wouldn't have happen.

Manufactures have been confronted with issues like Glock forever. They make something and for whatever reasons the device becomes a problem and many people are hurt, so what should happen, They need to redesign the device so people don't get hurt. period. That's what Sig did and that's not what Glock did. period
    One is a software problem, the other a hardware problem. Period.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    How is the weather up New Hampshire this time of year?

SIG only needed a video on youtube to "admit" it.

Love their literature... "SAFETY WITHOUT COMPROMISE. Safety isn’t negotiable. The P320 maximizes peace of mind with a robust safety system."

They should change it to this...

"If you build it completely drop safe, you legitimize mishandling." - Ron Cohen, CEO SIG Sauer

Back OT, the G19 everyday and twice on Sunday. And I owned 2 x P320Cs. Bigger, heavier, and as we know now, not drop safe.
    NH? Not this guy.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Glockster View Post
    That's somewhat beside the point because best practices for safe handling would require you to clear the weapon before disassembly anyway.
    This. It's not a strong point of the Glock design in my view, but I don't ever dissemble a fire arm without checking multiple times if it's loaded. If you fail to do that with a Glock, the results are not fun, but still a software problem.

Quote Originally Posted by dhnut1973 View Post
    The same guys that harp on having to pull the trigger to disassemble the Glock probably do dry-fire training. You have to clear your pistol correctly before cleaning and dry-fire. Drop it already.
    I'b bet those who do regular dry fire work more likely to make sure the gun is clear before they dissemble it. It's moot anyway. You can't lazy proof a fire arm, no matter how many safeties one adds.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    This. It's not a strong point of the Glock design in my view, but I don't ever dissemble a fire arm without checking multiple times if it's loaded. If you fail to do that with a Glock, the results are not fun, but still a software problem.

I'b bet those who do regular dry fire work more likely to make sure the gun is clear before they dissemble it. It's moot anyway. You can't lazy proof a fire arm, no matter how many safeties one adds.
    The user is ultimately responsible. That's a given. That should always be the case.

With that said, intentionally designing a pistol that allows the magazine to remain in the gun and requiring the same gun to require a pull of the trigger to take the slide off is a recipe for disaster. One moment of distraction or going into an admin/cleaning mode on only a couple hours sleep and BAM!

Glock disassembly has bit a bunch of dudes over the years. Does that mean all these guys are unprofessional or don't take safety seriously? Glock should have fixed this design issue 20 years ago.

Last edited by Tokarev; 11-13-17 at 17:49.
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    The user is ultimately responsible. That's a given. That should always be the case.

With that said, intentionally designing a pistol that requires the magazine to remain in the gun and requiring the same gun to require a pull of the trigger to take the slide off is a recipe for disaster. One moment of distraction or going into an admin/cleaning mode on only a couple hours sleep and BAM!

Glock disassembly has bit a bunch of dudes over the years. Does that mean all these guys are unprofessional or don't take safety seriously? Glock should have fixed this design issue 20 years ago.

?? Unless I read your post wrong.

Glocks don't require you do leave the magazine in the pistol to disassemble it. They do require a pull of the trigger.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Glockster View Post
    ?? Unless I read your post wrong.

Glocks don't require you do leave the magazine in the pistol to disassemble it. They do require a pull of the trigger.
    I edited my post. Hopefully it is clearer now.

Last edited by Tokarev; 11-13-17 at 17:50.
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    Glock doesn't require that the magazine be removed to actuate the takedown sequence.

But who would leave the magazine in the pistol and then commence disassembly? The first thing you do is take the mag out.

Page 88 of 109 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098 ... LastLast