Page 9 of 109 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig 320 vs Glock

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I'm convinced it has something to do with the grip angle and trigger finger geometry.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    TXPO,

I agree with what your saying. But for me atleast parts availability is still a priority.
    I've needed a couple of parts and just called them. Went out their way to get me what I needed quickly. One was a bad sight and one was a part my wife had inadvertently bent by launching her slide off the front of the bench reassembling the pistol. The one downfall to being proficient with a glock (she is) you get used to just racking the slide on and it's done. Do that on any other pistol and you've launched that slide an impressive distance.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I'm convinced it has something to do with the grip angle and trigger finger geometry.
    I think there's numerous factors. What's funny is my Gen 3 Glock 27 is one of my best shooting pistols. Can barely get three fingers on it but it shoots straight. Gen 4 is just enough of a change I'm just not able to adjust to it. Here's my G27 at 25yd offhand.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    TXPO,

I agree with what your saying. But for me atleast parts availability is still a priority.
    I hear ya, it is important for me as well, which is why I am slated for the armorers school first of the year. Sig has been really good about getting things out to me, but the downside is you have to deal with Sig directly for most things right now. Glock was the same way when it first showed up as well, especially when agencies started adopting it, parts were like hens teeth since they were distributing what they had to agency armorers. I suspect the same to be true for Sig. Parts are going to be scarce for a while until things get more up to speed.

I still don't think we will ever see the same aftermarket support for the 320 like there is for the Glock. Again that goes back to my earlier posting, there isn't a whole lot that need to be done to the pistol, thus no need to spend lots of money for R&D on aftermarket parts. As long as Sig or some third party vendor can build up a good supply of factory replacement parts that are easily sourced, then everything should be GTG.

Once thing to consider with Sig and everyone else other than Glock, they are manufacturing other pistols and rifles. Glocks platform is pretty much the same across the board and the majority of the smaller parts are generic across the line. In other words, glock can produce thousands of slide locks and they fit the majority of their line. That is also the good thing about the Sig modularity, parts should work across the entire line. I haven't been able to check it out yet, but I am curious if the striker assembly, fire control assembly, the part with the sear and some of the other parts are the same on all the 320's including the 45's. We know the fire control unit chassis is different, but are the mechanical working parts the same? If so, then Sig will be in a good place once parts manufacturing catches up. If the 320 takes off like Sig is hoping it does, I suspect their parts manufacturing for it specifically will increase somewhat. At least that is how they should handle it.

TXPO
    Last edited by Texaspoff; 12-03-15 at 06:39.
    Cerified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer
    NRA/LE Firearms Instructor
    ColdBoreCustom.com

Feedback Score
    If Sig would already have all the various frames/parts available for end users to swap/modify etc..... that would make a big difference in sales.

I think the days of not providing your customers with small parts are over if you want to compete in today's market. People like to play gunsmith, including myself, and gun owners today are much more educated and skilled compared to before. More people than ever have milling machines, lathes, CNC machines, 3D printers etc... right in their own garage than ever before. It really is getting to the point that people can perform major modifications or produce parts right at home if they want and it is becoming more common all the time. I wouldn't be surprised if in another 10 years it starts to get more common for people to share designs and build firearms from scratch.

If I can't get parts that are readily available and if the aftermarket doesn't want to support, I don't want to get involved in that platform.

Even though I am completely trenched in right now with Glock, I do own lots of other pistols, mainly M&P and CZ. I am ecstatic of all the choices out there and the new designs hitting the market all the time. I have no problem dropping glock completely as my primary if I found something that checked all the boxes and was significantly better. I am still baffled that in over 30 years no one can design a service pistol with less parts, simpler, lighter or some significant ground breaking new design than a glock. Just think of all the technology advances in the last 30 years. Still blows me away to think glock has locked down the market all these years. It is slowly changing though which I welcome with open arms.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by High Altitude View Post
    If Sig would already have all the various frames/parts available for end users to swap/modify etc..... that would make a big difference in sales.

I think the days of not providing your customers with small parts are over if you want to compete in today's market. People like to play gunsmith, including myself, and gun owners today are much more educated and skilled compared to before. More people than ever have milling machines, lathes, CNC machines, 3D printers etc... right in their own garage than ever before. It really is getting to the point that people can perform major modifications or produce parts right at home if they want and it is becoming more common all the time. I wouldn't be surprised if in another 10 years it starts to get more common for people to share designs and build firearms from scratch.

If I can't get parts that are readily available and if the aftermarket doesn't want to support, I don't want to get involved in that platform.

Even though I am completely trenched in right now with Glock, I do own lots of other pistols, mainly M&P and CZ. I am ecstatic of all the choices out there and the new designs hitting the market all the time. I have no problem dropping glock completely as my primary if I found something that checked all the boxes and was significantly better. I am still baffled that in over 30 years no one can design a service pistol with less parts, simpler, lighter or some significant ground breaking new design than a glock. Just think of all the technology advances in the last 30 years. Still blows me away to think glock has locked down the market all these years. It is slowly changing though which I welcome with open arms.
    It still blows me away that glocks shoot left

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SCSU74 View Post
    It still blows me away that glocks shoot left
    I use to think so too until I really started to work on my trigger control. I still shoot other pistols better though that also come much more natural to me.

The pic on the bottom was the very first magazine out of the pistol. 7 yards, off hand, federal 115g fmj. I was surprised at how well I shot it, since I wasn't going for ultimate accuracy. Immediately after I shot the 5 round group (first pic) concentrating on accuracy. 7 yards, off hand, winchester 147g jhp.

It is a good shooting pistol.

Last edited by High Altitude; 12-09-15 at 15:39.

Feedback Score
    Here is 10 yards, off hand. 45 rounds COM, 5 round group off hand trying for accuracy in the head. You can see I started to drift left a little when shooting to the COM so tried to make the trigger control correction when shooting the group and over corrected. First time shooting the Gen4 and it was a little different since the LOP to the trigger is slightly less than my Gen3 glocks.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    That little tiny reduction in reach on a Gen 3 vs. Gen 4 makes all the difference in the world for me. Like the poster above, my Gen 4 19 is amazingly accurate and left hits are a thing of the past for me.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    That little tiny reduction in reach on a Gen 3 vs. Gen 4 makes all the difference in the world for me. Like the poster above, my Gen 4 19 is amazingly accurate and left hits are a thing of the past for me.
    I carried a gen 3 21sf and gen 4 17 on duty, a gen 3 30 and 19 off duty. Had left hits across all of them. Thousands of rounds across the board and could never straighten them out. Tried pretty much everything, including countless hours with range staff. Oh well.

The 320 hits dead on for me and I like the feel of the trigger more. Now just hoping the parts can catch up!

Photo of my then duty 17 and brand new 320, as fast as I can shoot at 7 yds:

Page 9 of 109 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast