Page 91 of 109 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig 320 vs Glock

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by southswede View Post
    Regardless of sample size, I do my very best to avoid dropping any gun.

However with a USA sample size of 500,000+ an extremely small % of P320's have gone off when dropped.
    We all do. But people who actually carry and use firearms on a daily basis, ie incorporate it into their daily lives likely want a weapon that is as drop safe as can be.

But keep defending a piece of polymer and steel.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Phil Strader showing the old vs new SIG parts.

Apologies if this is already linked.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Tokarev; 11-15-17 at 15:47.
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    We all do. But people who actually carry and use firearms on a daily basis, ie incorporate it into their daily lives likely want a weapon that is as drop safe as can be.

But keep defending a piece of polymer and steel.
    I'm still gaining experience carrying a handgun on a daily as I have only been doing so since 1988. In this time, I have learned that safety begins with and ends with me. I learned to be accountable and responsible for the firearm I carry. I learned to be responsible enough to avoid dropping any firearm.

The P320 is a solid platform. It doesn't need me (or anyone else) to defend it. For the record, I shoot and carry M&P's and Glocks more than my P320.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Phil Strader showing the old vs new SIG parts.

Apologies if this is already linked.

https://youtu.be/u9vIY2EoJwE

Are you defending this piece of polymer and metal?

Looks like Sig put a lot of thought into resolving the concerns people have had. Thanks for posting the link.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by southswede View Post
    I'm still gaining experience carrying a handgun on a daily as I have only been doing so since 1988. In this time, I have learned that safety begins with and ends with me. I learned to be accountable and responsible for the firearm I carry. I learned to be responsible enough to avoid dropping any firearm.

The P320 is a solid platform. It doesn't need me (or anyone else) to defend it. For the record, I shoot and carry M&P's and Glocks more than my P320.

Are you defending this piece of polymer and metal?

Looks like Sig put a lot of thought into resolving the concerns people have had. Thanks for posting the link.
    Yea we do everything we can to avoid accidents however that said even the best trained shooters have done ND's. You can get in a fight over your weapon and have it knocked from your hands etc. Life is a bitch having a gun that will fire when dropped is bad. No defense to that.
    Pat
    Serving as a LEO since 1999.
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor
    Armorer for AR15, 1911, Glocks and Remington 870 shotguns.

Feedback Score
    On the subject of firearms that might discharge if dropped at one certain angle, it's the equivalent of the Ford Pinto bursting into flames if the gas tank ruptures in a rear-end collision. Maybe it wouldn't happen every time, but why own something where you have to worry about it?
    Last edited by Doc Safari; 11-15-17 at 13:39.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaskapopo View Post
    Yea we do everything we can to avoid accidents however that said even the best trained shooters have done ND's. You can get in a fight over your weapon and have it knocked from your hands etc. Life is a bitch having a gun that will fire when dropped is bad. No defense to that.
    Pat
    So does the 320 still suffer from this defect or has SIG identified and corrected it?

Reading the SAAMI test protocols the pistol is dropped basically on six sides of a cube. Flat on its sides, top, bottom and then flat on the muzzle and rear of the slide. The 320 probably passes that without issue.

Maybe better industry drop testing is what we should be talking about...

Last edited by Tokarev; 11-15-17 at 13:41.
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I have been told its been corrected in the military guns and the civilian guns will be corrected as soon as the old parts are used up. Don't like that. They should do a recall and get all the parts replaced.
    Pat
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    I have been told its been corrected in the military guns and the civilian guns will be corrected as soon as the old parts are used up. Don't like that. They should do a recall and get all the parts replaced.
    Pat
    They are replacing the parts. I think the argument should be more about the way it was handled (not that I care that much) than the actual issue because they are being fixed, if the owner decides to do so.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    They are replacing the parts. I think the argument should be more about the way it was handled (not that I care that much) than the actual issue because they are being fixed, if the owner decides to do so.
    Fair point

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor

Feedback Score
    Pat
    Which is why Sig fixed the issue, without charging their customers a dime.

Pat
    You have been told wrong. The guns are having parts swapped out as we speak. I personally know of two such P320's that have been taken care of with a 7 day turn around.

Page 91 of 109 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101 ... LastLast