Page 94 of 109 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig 320 vs Glock

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    What's wrong with collecting firearms?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    I just wish I hadn't wasted so many years, dollars and energy collecting guns, beautifying guns, ballistic gel tests, scratches, etc. Once I started taking shooting classes, then competing, I just don't care about any of that stuff at all any more. Like a previous poster said, I too own less guns today than 10 years ago. I want my safe to look like an armory, not a museum.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Glockster View Post
    I recently awoke from a 25-year-long dream where I thought I had to own a variety of handguns and long guns. I finally came to my senses and decided all I really need is one carbine (AR), one service sized pistol (Glock 17), and one easily concealable pistol (S&W 642). I have one spare of each, and associated peripherals.

Everything else is "gun collecting" and I'm glad I finally saw the light.

The most important thing now is practice and training...practice and training...practice and training...
    Quote Originally Posted by hopetonbrown View Post
    I just wish I hadn't wasted so many years, dollars and energy collecting guns, beautifying guns, ballistic gel tests, scratches, etc. Once I started taking shooting classes, then competing, I just don't care about any of that stuff at all any more. Like a previous poster said, I too own less guns today than 10 years ago. I want my safe to look like an armory, not a museum.
    Good stuff there.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score

I'm ashamed that I ever purchased a gun based on "looks," like it's a ladies' purse or something. If there is one thing Glock taught me, it's that an ugly gun is better in the long run because it forces you to appreciate it for what it DOES, and not how it looks.

To paraphrase an old sixties song: "If you want to shoot happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty pistol your wife."

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    What's wrong with collecting firearms?
    Nothing if it makes you happy. I just realized the goal for me was to be a shooter, not a collector, and if it didn't get shot semi regularly and or filled a specif role, it was gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Glockster View Post
    I'm ashamed that I ever purchased a gun based on "looks," like it's a ladies' purse or something. If there is one thing Glock taught me, it's that an ugly gun is better in the long run because it forces you to appreciate it for what it DOES, and not how it looks.

To paraphrase an old sixties song: "If you want to shoot happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty pistol your wife."
    I think I only purchased one gun because it was just so cool looking. It got almost never, and I sold it. I used to be all about upgraded triggers, grips, sites, etc, especially when I had 1911s. Last pistol I purchased was a Vp9, I used a sharpy to black out the rear dots, and that the total of mods to the gun. Tell me that does not raise your T levels a few points:

https://www.smith-wesson.com/firearm...er-model-mp-r8

Per above, same approach here. A primary to fil X role, possible back up to that, and pretty much done. A good AR, a bolt gun, an FS and compact pistol, and of course a wheel gun, and that covers any uses/roles I'm ever likely to require, and done.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jimjc View Post
    Pure fantasy on your part. But if that makes you happy wallow in it, my guess you are a Glock fan boy.
    Except Fjallhrafn’s statement has evidence to back it up, an interview and quotes if you feel like taking time off from defending the 320 across the internet to look it up, check soldier systems. You were already banned for this bullshit at pistol-forum, continuing to deny the real issues behind Sigs behavior doesn’t fix the 320.

Feedback Score
    I seem to remember a lot of hand wringing and teeth gnashing 35+ years ago when the military adopted a gun that was "hated": Beretta 92. People said the Sig P226 should have been picked. Funny how the Beretta is well liked and thought of. I'll bet that this very same thing happens with the Sig P320-including what is already happening with people saying the Glock should have been selected.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Slight drift - it's possible to do both - collect and shoot - or maybe I'm just in that transitional period from buying a bunch of stuff to standardizing on Glocks, AR15s, and J-frame Smiths. I do have fun guns like the SCARs and suppressed 9MM AR, but I've sold off some HKs, SIGs, and such.

But with my limited shooting time at the range it all goes to the G19s, BCM ARs, and some time with the G42 and J-frames. I always bring along a 22LR of some variety, either a Beretta 87, S&W63, or one of the Ruger Mark IIs, along with some ammo to blow off some steam / plink with those at the beginning or end of a range session, although half the time they just stay in the range bag.

OT - I had my SIG P320Cs and thankfully sold them before they all had to go back to SIG - compared to a G19, the 320C is bigger in every dimension, heavier, and has a higher bore axis. Not a bad gun, other than the potential to fire when dropped on it's backside, but in the scheme of things I don't miss them.
    Last edited by RHINOWSO; 11-17-17 at 22:40.

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    Being 66 yrs young, I am in the same stage in my life with some of my hobbies. I have thinned the herd out a little bit in the past year. IMHO, there is no right or wrong way in how many or how few of whatever you have. You go around once in this life, and at some point you, your kids or someone else will be selling all your stuff. So live your fantasies and enjoy whatever it is you are into.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggy View Post
    Being 66 yrs young, I am in the same stage in my life with some of my hobbies. I have thinned the herd out a little bit in the past year. IMHO, there is no right or wrong way in how many or how few of whatever you have. You go around once in this life, and at some point you, your kids or someone else will be selling all your stuff. So live your fantasies and enjoy whatever it is you are into.
    My kid's are going to have a lot less to sell when I shuffle off this mortal coil because I spent my gun money on gun experiences.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    On collecting guns: many people own a copy of what they are issued, so their off duty fun has skills bleed over into their on-duty life.

I’ve been issued: M9 Beretta, M11 Sig, 1911, Glocks, in various jobs. There may be a M17/P320 in my future, if I can get back on active duty again. If not, there will be a Glock 22 in my holster.

If I had purchased a copy of each, that would be 6 pistols, not even counting anything not issued I may like. Plus a few M16/M4 FOW variants. Then add the samples of Opfor weapons I own or have owned, like AK47, AK74, SKS, Mosin, K98, HK91, etc.

Its a @$%&ing disease.

Page 94 of 109 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104 ... LastLast