Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: 500 yard group - how am I doing? update post #46 - 0.5 MOA at 560 yards.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    I entered a 600 yard match next month and my goals are to have fun and not embarass myself.
    Life goals right there

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Not sure at 100 yards, but at 600 you get all sorts of issues. The wind would actually change directions half way down the range, and mirage can move your shot group left, right, up, down - all over the place. It's got to be more of an art than a science because I sure as hell can't put my finger on it but there's a guy with a GAP in .243 at our club that shoots clay pigeons at 800 yards...cold bore. so it can be done...
    When I shoot longer distances it doesn't help that the spot where I shoot is surrounded by hills on 2 sides of varying height and is next to a dry lake bed. Depending on the day, the wind seems to swirl in the middle. Makes in tough when I go beyond 600. People always mention my 20" barrel but I refuse to use that as a crutch till at least 800 yards I will tame it!

As for brass, I shot decent with Lapua but my best groups of all been since I took some crappy Win brass I had to get annealed. Prior to that the neck tension was shot after a couple of firings.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456