Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Compound vs crossbow?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quick advise on the crossbow would be to stay away from the China stuff or cheap price points. Just like in the AR market you get what you pay for. Don't get caught in the speed hype it really brings nothing to the table in the crossbow world for hunting deer at archery distances. Look for something that fits you just like you would in a rifle. This is an area that many crossbow makers don't understand because they tend to come from the archery side and you can already see in this post how the so called archery community feels. With regard to that they just don't get it and are fearful of having you in the woods with them and maybe shooting "their" deer. Take a look at the optics and mounting platform. RIGIDITY is a must and just about all the makers lack this. You demand it in the rifle world and you should in the crossbow world as well.

Its easy to sell and suck you in on speed but speed comes at a cost in durability and reliability. Watch what is included with the crossbow with regard to accessories and so called included value added items. Here is the hook with many of the crossbow packages. Most will come with a scope or optic of so form, a few arrows and some other CHEAP items. Manufactures include these item or bundle them so you feel like your getting more which you are however most of it is junk. Most are not including premium arrows, quality optics or taking time to ensure the crossbow itself is what they advertise. Dont take those items for granted or you will be tossing them out only to buy better later once you realize what you didnt get.

OP please feel free to PM me as I would be happy to point in you in the right direction and point out additional things to consider if you go the crossbow route. As you can see many of the vertical koolaid drinkers in the BOW world are about their particular brand and bashing you for being a pussy sportsman and hunter.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    First time my 78 year old granddad hunted with his crossbow he harvested 3 does in 3 consecutive days.

He had a bum shoulder and had never killed a deer with a bow before.

Crossbows are for the handicapped or walking dead fanatics.

Sorry I've offended you crossdress have a great thanksgiving!

ryan

I did have a great thanksgiving by the way and YUP you have offended me. WHY? "crossdress" C'mon DUDE. You know me bro or anything about me to want to turn this into something personal because I wish to factually inform another member of this forum? Go back to archery talk with your "traditional" three piece machined aluminum riser recurve. Sorry I guess I figured you for more of a longbow that you handcrafted from the tree you grew and cut down along with your cedar arrows with natural turkey feathers that you handed tied on. Why do you have to take a cheap shot because my thoughts and views are more open minded and practical than yours?

You know I just read a great hunting article by a guy who went on a Wyoming Elk hunt with of all things a "crossbow"! I'm not really sure this guy is a walking dead fanatic and I would say he is far from handicapped seeing he humped all over the rugged spaces of Wyoming chasing bugling elk with one of those damn heavy crossbows strapped to his back. One thing I know for sure is that this HUNTER has done more than I could ever imagine and been in more shit holes than most of us will ever see.

Seems I recall the authors name was, Kyle E. Lamb. Hmmm you ever hear of him? What do you think, handicapped, walking dead or maybe just pussy looking for the easy way out?

Its about choice, get a clue

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123