Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Geissele SSA Problem

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    The words stack and creep shouldn't be used to describe a good two stage trigger. Neither apply.
    Yet they communicate the concept so clearly, which is why I used them. Note that they are both in quotation marks. May as well criticise my auto-correct "two states trigger" while you are at it.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I would describe a good two stage trigger as having an initial take up of trigger slack that is smooth and consistent until reaching the second stage which should have a nice defined build up of weight and a clean crisp break.

Feedback Score
    Wanta,
    It was clear to me. Thanks again.

Feedback Score
    Enjoy your new trigger, I think you'll find it is a big improvement over the stock GI unit.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    I would describe a good two stage trigger as having an initial take up of trigger slack that is smooth and consistent until reaching the second stage which should have a nice defined build up of weight and a clean crisp break.
    This. The trigger will have a smooth take up until you feel resistance, like it hits a wall. Additional pressure should result in a crisp break.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    Enjoy your new trigger, I think you'll find it is a big improvement over the stock GI unit.

Thanks Coal. I will now, espically after correct multiple installations! ��

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The first stage of a G trigger actually is creep. The sudden rise in pull weight actually just before sear break is an instantaneous stacking of spring rate. It is accomplished by adding the spring rate of the disconnector to the trigger pull
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    Technically you are correct, but the feeling is not what I would call creep. Creep usually feels gritty or herky-jerky, a Geissele feels like it's on ball bearings.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I see what you're saying, but creep has nothing to do with the gritty, herky-jerky feeling. Creep just gives the shooter more time to enjoy the rough pull. The gritty feeling comes from sears or pivot points with rough surface finishes or that aren't lubed. I've used triggers with almost zero creep that were gritty.

The design of the two stage G trigger uses the creep found in single stage AR trigger as the first stage and adds the weight spring rate of the disconnector spring to create the second stage. When that second spring rate is engaged is critical. If it comes too late, there will be no rise in pull weight and the trigger will simply be a single stage with long travel, or creep. If it comes on too soon, then the second stage will also have creep, defeating the purpose.

Although the first stage is technically creep, I personally don't like to call it such. I call it travel. I reserve the term "creep" for single stage triggers that have more travel than I like
    Last edited by MistWolf; 11-22-15 at 20:32.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    I can't agree completely with your assessment on the 1st stage of the Geissele being just like a GI trigger but smoother. My disagreement is due to the completely relocated hammer and trigger sear. The GI trigger sear location has the trigger slightly cocking the hammer ever so slightly due to the atrocious geometry, something the Geissele doesn't force you to deal with at all.

Of course you know that already, but I enjoy debating semantics....among other frustrating tedious activities. LOL.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast