View Poll Results: Should I Trade?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Make The Trade Already! (You should trade a Sig for an HK any day, etc.)

17 60.71%
  • Wait (because its a 40, because I MAY regret getting rid of the P320)

11 39.29%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: To Trade or Not To Trade? P320c for USPc Stainless

Feedback Score

To Trade or Not To Trade? P320c for USPc Stainless

I have been a Glock shooter for the last 4 years and have come to love my G17. However, I recently picked up a Sig P320c to try something new. I really liked how the gun felt in my hand and the trigger was nice. However, after shooting my Sig for the last 3 months and then picking up my G17 again yesterday at a range session, I was left feeling "meh" about my P320. I don't shoot it any better than my Glock and I noticed that the Sig has more muzzle flip to boot. In doing size comparison, the P320c (compact) is the same OAH as my G17 and bigger than my G19.

My friend that I was shooting with ia former Marine and now a LEO working in narcotics division. He is "not really a gun guy" but likes to shoot on occasion. He bought his USPc Stainless model when he got out of the Marine's in '99 and said he has put maybe 500 rounds through it. He really liked my array of handguns I had (G17, G19, P320c, HK45, and BHP) yesterday and asked if I would want to trade any for his USP. I told him I might be interested in letting the Sig go and he said he would make an even trade.

I have always had an allure to the HK USP for some reason but my only reservations are that his USPc is in 40 S&W and I don’t know much about the USP’s circa 1999. Have there been any updates since then (i.e. springs, firing pins, etc.)? Not sure which variant it is other than it is set up like my HK45: DA/SA and safety/decocker on the left hand side. The hammer is bobbed though.

What do you guys think?

Feedback Score
    well... IMHO, I have shot the USPc a few times with the HK rep. it never impressed me. I prefer the P320. I personally like how it shoots compared to the USP. have you tried the VP9 at all... not a compact but that HK is one I do like.

I prefer the Sig over the HK usp. it just feels better to me
    Using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    USP's in stainless are hard to find, I'm not sure but they have been out of production for awhile, and I think recently reintroduced. Myself I'd do it, the P-320 isn't very hard to get, The stainless USP on the other hand, have always harder to get, if you don't like it, it would be very easy to sell.. I don't think you could go wrong. Seeing as how you are "meh" about the P-320, I'd say it's probably not going to work out, so, why not get rid of it now? As far as the USP goes, I think HK did a firing pin upgrade in about that time frame (1999) so, it may or may not need it. A call to HKUSA would probably tell. Other than that, it should be GTG as is. Do a little research on the HK, go over to HK pro and ask around. Like I said I'm not sure if stainless USP's are being made or not, even if they are, there no telling how long HK will make them.

I came to a similar conclusion about a HK P-2000 LEM vs a G19 I have.. lots more muzzle flip, and after 8yrs, I can't shoot it any better than the day I bought it. I'm thinking it's time to let it go.. Funny thing is, I have a Beretta Vertec and I can shoot rings around the P-2000, starting from DA all day long.
    There's a race of men who don't fit in, A race that can't stay still, So, they break the hearts of kith and kin, and roam the world at will..

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I'd do it...pretty sure you could make the trade, then if you decided you didn't care for the USP sell it and you'd probably get enough to replace it with another P320 or another handgun of your choice.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    320 > USP anything
    Dont sweat the small stuff.

If youre not taking fire, its all small stuff.

Feedback Score
    For using: keep the 320

For collecting (dust): trade for the USP

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    As someone posted earlier... SS USP models are hard to come by. I bought a SS USPC .40 back in 2009 for 750.00 and they're easily going for $800+ depending on the condition. Make the trade because it seems like the G17 won you back.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I would rather have a USPc than any of the other guns you own. I would trade, especially for the 320 which didnt really impress me.

Full disclosure, I am not a striker fired fan and prefer DA/SA.
    "I pity thou, fools who dost not choose BCM" - King Arthur 517 A.D.

.OlllllllO.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Trade for the USPc then head over to HKPro and trade it for a 9mm version.

Feedback Score
    Those P320 go for what... $400 - $450? I just did a search and found some below $400. I would be shocked if you couldn't get that money for a stainless USP, either sold or traded. I think it's a no brainer just from a value proposition. Used USPs go for $400 - $500 (sometimes more) and the stainless versions are considered collectors items these days. Worse case, you hate the USP and sell it or traded it and you're net neutral or make money on the deal.

As said in another post, there was a firing pin update on some USP line around that time but I don't know exactly which model, or if it was all models. HK can tell you and they can also update the pistol if you'd like. The cost of which should be negligible.

If it was a 9mm or a 45, I'd give you a standing offer that would guaranteed that you wouldn't lose money on that trade... unfortunately, I don't stock .40

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast