Thread: Surefire 6PD Upgrade

Feedback Score

Surefire 6PD Upgrade

I did a search and it was somewhat helpful but I need more current operator input. I have a new stock Surefire 6PD in a Larue LT-606 mounted at 5 o'clock. The intended application is primarily home defense/CQB. The Surefire P60L LED upgrade is one option I am considering. I am pretty happy with how this rifle is shaping up. Anyway...

Based on what I have read here I am also looking at the Malkoff LED upgrades. In fact I am leaning towards the M60L upgrade. With 140+/- lumens and 4 1/2 hours runtime it seems like the best solution for my application. Or should I go for the M60? I would appreciate your thoughts/feedback on the best upgrade for my 6PD. I'd also appreciate feedback if anyone has put a Malkoff LED conversion in a Surefire Z2. TIA
    NRA Patron Member | 1911's | AR's | GAP Crusader

Feedback Score

Thumbs up

I have a Malkoff M60 in a Surefire G2Z (photo below) and it is amazing. You will not be disappointed. (The G2Z is the polymer version of the Z2).

Jesus said, "I have come to cast fire upon the earth; and how I wish it were already kindled!" - Luke 12:49

Feedback Score

Exclamation mallkof?

who or what is this.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf21 View Post
    who or what is this.
    Malkoff flashlight mods

additional details here

hope this helps...

Feedback Score
    The Malkoff P60 drop in is widely considered to have the best quailty. Check out this link at Candle Power Forums for more information: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...d.php?t=193992

Feedback Score
    Well I ended up going with the M60L and I like the lighting characteristics it provides. The primary use is indoors and I'm considering going brighter with the M60. The M60L fits my Z2 just fine with a small gap between the bezel assy and the body. So I would put the M60L in the Z2 and the M60 on the AR. Any preferences between the M60 and M60L as a primarily indoor weapon light?

Another drop in LED assy that looks interesting is the D26 Digital 3.7-6V Cree Q5 LED *2- or 4-Mode Tactical found here. Does anyone have any experience with these?
    NRA Patron Member | 1911's | AR's | GAP Crusader