Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Polymer/steel AK mags

Feedback Score

Polymer/steel AK mags

Is there much of a quality/durability difference between the Magpul Gen 3 AK mags and the Toth Tool mags? I am not interested in just a range mag although I will pick up a dozen or so Steel Eastern European AK mags for the range.

So what is your favorite mag?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AFCATM View Post
    Is there much of a quality/durability difference between the Magpul Gen 3 AK mags and the Toth Tool mags? I am not interested in just a range mag although I will pick up a dozen or so Steel Eastern European AK mags for the range.

The Magpul Gen M3 AK mags are not out yet so unless some writer or video blogger has been given test samples from Magpul I don't think anyone can make any type of comparison of these mags. I haven't even heard of the Toth Tool mags until I read you post.

Quote Originally Posted by AFCATM View Post
    So what is your favorite mag?
    Bulgarian ((10)) "waffle pattern" polymer mags.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Toth uses a cage for the feed lips and the front catch point with nothing in the front spine. Steel insert for the tab.

Our M3 is 17-4 SS on the rear tab and a hardened, stamped insert down the front spine and front trunnion engagement. We got better drop results without an insert in the lips, so ours don't have an insert there.

Testing is finally done, and we're cranking them out now. Will be shipping very soon.
    Duane Liptak, Jr.
    Executive Vice President
    Magpul Industries

info@magpulcore.com

This is a personal account linked to a personal e-mail. Company affiliation and titles are provided purely for transparency requirements of the host site. Although factual company information may be shared through this account, any opinions expressed are solely those of the account holder, and not necessarily those of Magpul Industries or subsidiaries.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the update. I have seen them advertised for sale so I assumed they were availible.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SPQR476 View Post
    Toth uses a cage for the feed lips and the front catch point with nothing in the front spine. Steel insert for the tab.

Our M3 is 17-4 SS on the rear tab and a hardened, stamped insert down the front spine and front trunnion engagement. We got better drop results without an insert in the lips, so ours don't have an insert there.

Testing is finally done, and we're cranking them out now. Will be shipping very soon.
    Nice

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Good to hear! I have some of the toth mags. There good mags and made well. Look forward to trying the Magpul ones out.
    Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Anything to trump Arsenal and their gold lined CTs. I've successfully boycotted them, and now it might pay off!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SPQR476 View Post

Hi Duane,

Is there any chance you could let us know the final weight of the new mags? I'm sure I'm not the only one who's dying to know.

Thanks,

John

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    PMAG 30 AK GEN M3 is 7.2oz
    MOE Mag is 6.5oz
    Duane Liptak, Jr.
    Executive Vice President
    Magpul Industries

info@magpulcore.com

This is a personal account linked to a personal e-mail. Company affiliation and titles are provided purely for transparency requirements of the host site. Although factual company information may be shared through this account, any opinions expressed are solely those of the account holder, and not necessarily those of Magpul Industries or subsidiaries.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The Toth mag is a beast and weighs in at 10.5 oz, if I recall correctly from when I put one on a scale. I'm confident that it will last a long time and continue to perform well, but I'm looking forward to the M3. And hopefully a drum someday!

Dave

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast