Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FRENCH SPECIAL FORCES LOADOUT

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    Said more often than supported by fact.

Seen on guys running shields, dogs, and anyone else having only one free hand. Also seen on medics in some applications.
    That seems logical, I found way too many pics of these guys carrying 2 pistols for it to be just an odd ball thing. In fact it seems to be standard practice over there
    gg9HsOs.jpghMkfwho.jpgimage-796836-galleryV9-opgt.jpg

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Two pistols also in event that you're on a ladder or rappelling, Europeans in urban areas are much more likely to live in apartments.

Talked to an FBI SWAT guy many years ago who said he would carry a second pistol on a raid if they thought there was a strong possibility the bad guys would put up a fight, M4, Springfield 1911 and Glock 22. Glock 22 would get tucked in to a mag pouch on his armor carrier. Not just because of reload times but also in case of malfunction with 1911.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Those dudes are kitted out for deliberate CQB ops. Tons of gear, both legs strapped down with drop legs and pouches, multiple shield guys, extra armor, etc.. In that type of mindset 2 secondaries make sense, bring everything and the kitchen sink and move deliberately.

Interesting contrast to the more fluid form of CQB the US has moved to, mobility, fighting off team members backs, etc.
    SF

Feedback Score
    I
    Quote Originally Posted by USMC_Anglico View Post
    Those dudes are kitted out for deliberate CQB ops. Tons of gear, both legs strapped down with drop legs and pouches, multiple shield guys, extra armor, etc.. In that type of mindset 2 secondaries make sense, bring everything and the kitchen sink and move deliberately.
    My read too. The 33round happy sticks look like a disaster, way likely to slow you down in room clearing, but that is me...

Feedback Score
    You guys can say what you want about the practical/tactical uses, but 2 pistols still seems like some Wyatt Earp type shit to me...

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I believe in multiple pistols and knives because you never know what position you may end up fighting from and being able to access something in any event would be nice.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by USMC_Anglico View Post
    Those dudes are kitted out for deliberate CQB ops. Tons of gear, both legs strapped down with drop legs and pouches, multiple shield guys, extra armor, etc.. In that type of mindset 2 secondaries make sense, bring everything and the kitchen sink.
    I hope my chiropractor didn't see those guys' load outs, he'll be making kit suggestions to help pay for his vacation house!

A backup gun has always made sense to me and I've always carried one on duty. Malfunctions, odd body positions, and primary weapons dropped in the dark are all potential justifications.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Regardless of why they have the 2nd handgun, the position of the chest-mounted gun looks all wrong. It's on their strong side, and angled in such a way as to require what would seem to be a very awkward draw with their dominant hand, and a virtually impossible draw with their other hand.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I remember reading something years ago about non-US SRT & SF groups and their particular claims to fame. Guys like German GSG-9 and English SAS/SBS, etc. The French unit profiled was a counter-terrorist group that trained extensively with hand guns, something like 2+ hours each day.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zakkthegreat View Post
    You guys can say what you want about the practical/tactical uses, but 2 pistols still seems like some Wyatt Earp type shit to me...
    I carry two pistols and I'm just a regular dude. Primary and an ankle gun.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast