Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FRENCH SPECIAL FORCES LOADOUT

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by the automator View Post
    I carry two pistols and I'm just a regular dude. Primary and an ankle gun.
    Why not just carry more magazines?
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    Why not just carry more magazines?
    I can't hand a magazine to a buddy in a fight. A magazine doesn't help if I'm knocked on my gun side and there's someone on top of me. A magazine doesn't help if I'm somehow disarmed. A magazine doesn't help if my gun gets shot.

I've done enough force on force to know that often enough another gun does more for me than another magazine.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by the automator View Post
    I can't hand a magazine to a buddy in a fight. A magazine doesn't help if I'm knocked on my gun side and there's someone on top of me. A magazine doesn't help if I'm somehow disarmed. A magazine doesn't help if my gun gets shot.

I've done enough force on force to know that often enough another gun does more for me than another magazine.
    Well, and here I thought you were just a regular dude.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I carry a backup as well. I also carry two knives. You never know what sort of jacked up situation you might find yourself in these days, if you're going to prepare, do it like you mean it.
    Dont sweat the small stuff.

If youre not taking fire, its all small stuff.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by moonshot View Post
    Regardless of why they have the 2nd handgun, the position of the chest-mounted gun looks all wrong. It's on their strong side, and angled in such a way as to require what would seem to be a very awkward draw with their dominant hand, and a virtually impossible draw with their other hand.
    Forgive me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure that chest rig was meant for active movements in/out of vehicles and not so much as a back up gun for the reason you just stated? I've seen guys have a chest rig just like that with a MP7 holstered to their leg and they weren't shield or canine guys. If they're running two pistols and a rifle, one being an auto pistol, maybe their chest piece is the "side arm"?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    That gear is all funding and cool ideas with absolutely zero trial and training.
    Nobody ever got shot climbing over the wall into East Berlin.

Delivering the most precision possible, at the greatest distance possible, with the highest rate of fire possible.

Feedback Score
    That chest position looks odd but it may be easier for weapon retention than one mounted to the left of your center line? I don't know that I'm (or have ever been) limber enough to draw from there. It would be in a good position for punching directly into the target in a CQB gone a little too "C" scenario...

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mack7.62 View Post
    Well they did fire 5,000 rounds during the raid on the apartment. I wonder if that is a Glock 18 in the thigh holster?
    FYI it was the French Police not their spec ops guys who conducted that raid.

Feedback Score
    Yeah.... ive seen some pretty interesting shit employed by special forces....

Like 12x scopes on CAR-15s back in the 'Nam days...
    A Student once said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?"
    The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war."

Gear, or rifles are only as good as the user. Even if a rifle is true to an inch at a mile, even if gear is as light as a feather, yet as durable as leather, it is limited by its user. Invest in training.

Feedback Score
    Shield guys...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast